Document › Details
Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (3/11). "Press Release: New White Paper for SPECTRO MS. Isotope Ratio in Geochemistry". Kleve.
|Organisation||Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH|
|Product||Spectro MS ICP-MS|
|Product 2||chemistry (science)|
|Person||Milner, Tom (Ametek 201009 SPECTRO)|
* Origin and age determination of rock samples
* SPECTRO MS is the first ICP mass spectrometer to simultaneously record the concentrations of 210 isotopes
* Determination of isotope ratios in per mille ranges
A new white paper dealing with isotope ratios in geochemistry for the simultaneously measuring SPECTRO MS ICP mass spectrometer is available from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments. The white paper, titled "Fully Simultaneous ICP-MS: A New Approach to Isotope Geochemistry," details ways geological laboratories can profit from isotope and element ratio analysis and designates the SPECTRO MS as a powerful, user-friendly and less-expensive alternative to multi-collector mass spectrometers.
The isotope ratios offer insight into the age and origin of rock samples and can be used to determine the "fingerprint" of rock, mineral and ceramic samples. Rare earth metals are especially important geochemical indicators, whose relative presence helps establish conclusions as to tectonic environment and history.
"Until now simultaneous determination of isotope and element contents was only possible to a certain degree; making analyses both time consuming and expensive," explains Willi Barger, Product Manager for ICP-MS at SPECTRO. "The SPECTRO MS simultaneously records 210 isotope concentrations and ratios to four decimal places during every measurement and at a much lower cost than sequential mass spectrometers. "Detection limits for the SPECTRO MS are in the low parts-per-trillion (ppt) range. In addition, the SPECTRO MS is easy to operate. Users obtain categorized, reproducible results with the press of a button.
White Paper Available Free-of-Charge
Users who want to find out more about using the SPECTRO MS for isotope and element ratio analysis in geochemistry will find a comprehensive description in the new white paper "Fully Simultaneous ICP-MS: A New Approach to Isotope Geochemistry" that is available for free at www.spectro.com. The white paper is oriented not just towards geochemical laboratories but to other users as well: The SPECTRO MS is ideal for origin determination in the food industry, forensic science and other areas.
Background SPECTRO MS
Introduced in 2010, the SPECTRO MS is the world's first fully simultaneously measuring mass spectrometer with inductively coupled plasma. With its novel Direct Charge Detector, the instrument simultaneously records 75 elements and their isotopes from lithium to uranium with every measurement. With a newly developed ion optic and double-focusing sector field mass spectrometer with Mattauch-Herzog geometry, the SPECTRO MS is able to deliver much more precise and reproducible results than conventional sequential mass spectrometers.
SPECTRO is one of the worldwide leading suppliers of analytical instruments for optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry. SPECTRO manufacturers advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for strongly varying applications and provides exemplary customer service. SPECTRO's products are exemplified by unique technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors with an annual turnover of approximately 2.7 billion US$. AMETEK's corporate growth plan is based on four key strategies: Operative excellence, strategic aquisitions and alliances and market expansion as well as new products. AMETEK's common stock is a component of the S&P MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index.
Please contact Tom Milner for additional information, Tel: +49.2821.892-0,
Fax: +49.2821.892-2200, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for AMETEK (Group)
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK to Present at Baird’s 2016 Global Industrial Conference". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Private Placement Offering. Note Offering of 500 Million Euros and 225 Million British Pounds". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Acquires Laserage Technology Corporation. Leader in Laser Fabrication for Medical Device Market". Berwyn, PA....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Spectro Introduces New Spectroblue ICP-OES Analyzer with Powerful New Generator for Ultra-Precise Analysis, Higher Productivity". Kleve....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Christoph Mätzig Named Managing Director, Spectro Analytical Instruments". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Two Acquisitions. Nu Instruments Adds to Position in High-End Elemental Analysis – HS Foils Brings Unique Technology to Materials Analysis Business". Berwyn, PA....
-  Blue Scientific Ltd.. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Blue Scientific Now Exclusive Distributor for Ametek in Ireland"....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (1/21/15). "Press Release: New Spectro Arcos High-resolution ICP-OES Spectrometer for Elemental Analysis Surpasses Performance Limitations". Kleve....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]