Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/20/08). "Press Release: National Laboratory Service, Agilent Technologies to Launch Environment Training Programme". Llanelli, South Wales & Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||National Laboratory Service (NLS)|
|Group||United Kingdom (GB) (govt)|
|Product||6410 triple quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
The National Laboratory Service (NLS), a unit of the United Kingdom Environment Agency, and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the formation of a collaboration to launch an environmental training programme for operators of the Agilent 6410 Triple Quadrupole liquid chromatography/mass spectrometer (LC/MS) system.
The three-day training session, which will be held at the NLS Centre for Analytical Research and Development in Llanelli, South Wales, will focus on specific environmental analyses for flame retardants, basic and neutral herbicides, and perfluorinated chemicals and pharmaceuticals in water, in accordance with European Union monitoring requirements. The programme will feature practical sessions on instruments in the NLS laboratory, as well as comprehensive training in small groups.
"Our ambitions to deliver market-leading environmental analytical products and services have been greatly enhanced through this collaboration," said Ian Rippin, NLS commercial director. "We look forward to working with Agilent to develop further solutions that will broaden our appeal to a wider range of customers."
"We are very pleased to be working with the NLS," said Paul Stephens, M.Sc., C.Sci, C.Chem, MRSC, environmental specialist for Agilent's Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis unit. "This collaboration is fuelled by their expertise in the field of environmental analysis and the application of mass spectrometry to very demanding analytical challenges, and we value it highly."
The training programme is offered in English and is scheduled for Nov. 25-27, 2008, and Jan. 20-22, 2009. Additional 2009 dates have not yet been announced. To register for the programme, go to www.agilent.com/chem/QQQmasterclass.
About National Laboratory Service
The National Laboratory Service (NLS) of the UK Environment Agency provides over 450 environmental monitoring services. NLS has a strong reputation for accurate and expert environmental analysis specifically tailored to clients' needs. NLS's sophisticated analytical equipment is available at each of their five laboratories and ensures clients are guaranteed a high quality service they can trust. More information on NLS at http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commercial/.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for United Kingdom (GB) (govt)
-  Owlstone Medical. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Owlstone Medical Commences Next Phase in World’s Largest Breath-based Clinical Trial for Early Cancer Detection". Cambridge....
-  University of Birmingham. (5/23/16). Web Site: Phenome Centre Birmingham. [http://www.birmingham.ac.uk, 05/23/16]...
-  Peak Scientific Instruments Ltd.. (4/20/16). "Press Release: Peak Scientific Wins Brace of Queen’s Awards for Enterprise"....
-  Owlstone Inc.. (2/16/16). "Press Release: Owlstone Medical Wins NHS Contract for STRATA, Adapting Its Disease Breathalyzer technology for Precision Medicine and Companion diagnostics (CDx)". Cambridge....
-  Novasep S.A.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Novasep and CPI Advance Innovation in UK Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing". Pompey....
-  Intertek Group plc. (9/23/15). "Press Release: Intertek Opens New 10,000 ft² Biologic Medicine Contract Services Laboratory in Manchester, UK". Manchester....
-  Bruker Corporation. (4/27/15). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces CE-marked IVD MALDI Sepsityper Solution for Rapid Identification of over 2,200 Microorganisms Directly from Positive Blood Culture". Copenhagen....
-  University of Birmingham. (11/5/14). "Press Release: Patients to Benefit from New £5m MRC Regional Phenome Centre at Birmingham"....
-  Owlstone Nanotech. (5/13/14). "Press Release: Owlstone Secures Share of £12.7m SBRI Healthcare Funding to Develop Lung Cancer Diagnostic Technology"....
-  SULSA (Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance). (4/30/14). "Press Release: £8M Awarded to SULSA to Create UK National Phenotypic Screening Centre"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]