Document › Details
Nonlinear Dynamics Ltd.. (6/27/11). "Press Release: Nonlinear Dynamics Expands the Progenesis Range into the Field of Metabolomics with Progenesis CoMet and Showcases the New Software at ASMS 2011". Newcastle upon Tyne.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Nonlinear Dynamics Ltd.|
|Product||Progenesis CoMet s/w|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
Nonlinear Dynamics Ltd, the world leading developer of analysis solutions for proteomics and biomarker discovery announces a new product for relative quantification of compounds and metabolites. This takes the Progenesis range beyond proteomics and into the complimentary area of metabolomics, or metabonomics as it also referred to.
Progenesis CoMet analyses LC-MS data to help you discover and reliably quantify the compound ions that are significantly changing in your samples. The result is a final set of identified compounds or metabolites of interest.
With Progenesis SameSpots and Progenesis LC-MS the company has established products for proteomics discovery research. The concept for Progenesis CoMet came from meeting customers who were using Progenesis LC-MS to quantify changes in classes of molecules other than proteins. Encouraged by how it performed and hearing about limitations of other existing software for metabolomics/metabonomics, Nonlinear started developing Progenesis CoMet.
By exploiting close relationships with users of Progenesis LC-MS trying to perform metabolomics and gathering information via a focus group of metabolomics researchers Nonlinear learnt that data analysis in the field of metabolomics could be a frustrating, disjointed experience. Typically, many separate analysis tools and databases are used, with manual intervention to move the data from one stage of analysis to the next and little opportunity to visually explore the data. Consequently, a key goal of Progenesis CoMet was to streamline the metabolomics workflow.
Progenesis CoMet showcased during this year's ASMS in Denver, Colorado
The first version of Progenesis was presented at the ASMS meeting in Denver, Colorado. This was the first time Nonlinear demonstrated Progenesis CoMet to a wide audience and the main plus points people recognised where the ease of use and the fact that it supports data from lots of different mass spec machines.
It was also apparent many researchers are still using their own in-house database as part of their workflow. This is exactly why Progenesis CoMet was designed to:
> Provide a generic identification method that could fit into every lab's workflow
> Deliver f lexibility into the identification process, to directly support more databases in the future
> The flexibility, in the form of plug-ins, also means that adding support for further databases doesn't have to wait for the next major release of the software. As soon as they're created, the plug-ins will be made available, for free, from nonlinear.com. In fact, a plug-in to support METLIN searches is already available.
Nonlinear are continuing to work with over 20 groups who want to evaluate the first version of Progenesis CoMet for metabolomics data analysis. Each group is interested in different classes of compounds and struggles with a variety of current bioinformatics solutions to make sense of their data but they all share the same goal: To find a simple, effective solution to analysing LC or GC-MS data, quantify what is changing and confidently report the significantly changing compounds. Working closely with these groups will give the company the necessary insights to develop future versions of Progenesis CoMet, designed to solve customer's problems.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]