Document › Details
Novasep S.A.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints Dr. François D’Hooge as Bioconjugation Unit Manager". Lyon.
Dr. D’Hooge, an expert in antibody drug conjugation biochemistry, will take charge of Novasep’s new production unit
Novasep, a leading supplier of services and technologies for the life sciences industry, today announces the appointment of Dr. François D’Hooge as bioconjugation unit manager. In his new role, Dr. D’Hooge will manage Novasep’s new Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC) production facility in Le Mans, France, currently undergoing completion.
Novasep began building a €10 million ($11.2M) fully integrated ADC conjugation facility at its Le Mans site last year, in response to increasing market demand for full bio-conjugation services for clinical and future commercial ADCs.
The arrival of Dr. D’Hooge enriches Novasep’s know-how and skills in ADC conjugation, which will contribute to the smooth launch of the new facility, scheduled for Q1 2017.
“I’m excited to join Novasep at this time of growth and expansion. Novasep is one of the few CMOs able to produce both commercial scale ADCs payloads and monoclonal antibodies,” said Dr. D’Hooge. “Novasep is a forward-looking company. I am eager to combine my skills and knowledge in ADCs with those of my new team. We are keen to get the expanded CMO services fully operational by early 2017.”
Dr. D’Hooge joins Novasep from Spirogen, a member of the AstraZeneca Group, where he helped develop a potent and flexible class of ADCs. He holds a PhD in organic chemistry and has worked on ADCs since 2011.
“We are delighted to have François onboard, bringing with him years of world-class experience in bioconjugation,” said Thierry Van Nieuwenhove, president of the synthesis business unit at Novasep. “The new facility in Le Mans allows us to integrate our R&D, analytical and cGMP manufacturing services within a single unit; providing our customers with flexibility, quality assurance and an integrated supply chain.”
Dr. D’Hooge’s career in biotech began at Glythera, where he worked on bioconjugation of proteins and polysaccharides. He then joined Spirogen in November 2011 to launch its ADC operations. During his tenure, he created the bioconjugation/ADC department, where his team generated more than 1000 different ADCs for PBD payload platform development, proof-of-concept batches and in vivo batches for potency or toxicity evaluation.
Novasep is a global provider of cost-effective and sustainable manufacturing solutions for life sciences molecules and fine chemicals. Novasep's unique offering includes process development services, purification equipment and turnkey processes, contract manufacturing services and complex active molecules to serve pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, fine chemical, food and functional ingredients as well as fermentation and chemical commodities industries.
Andrew Lloyd & Associates
UK and US: +44 1273 675 100
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Novasep (Group)
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Japanese Agent AR Brown Extend Partnership". Cambridge....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Financial Information about Exchange Notes and Warrants". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Novasep Anounces the Success of Its Refinancing". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Launch of an Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation [This press release may not be published, forwarded or distributed, directly or indirectly, in the United States, Canada, Australia or Ja...
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Triclinic Labs Enter a Strategic Alliance for Solid-state Chemistry Services". Lyon....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Demonstration Project Started for the Conversion of Woody Biomass to Chemicals". Brussels....
-  Novasep S.A.. (3/2/16). "Press Release: Novasep Presents the Second Successful Year of Its »Back to Basics« Strategy and Preliminary 2015 Financial Results". Lyon Gerland....
-  Novasep S.A.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Novasep and CPI Advance Innovation in UK Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/29/15). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints World-class Scientists to Strengthen Its Advisory Board". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (6/8/15). "Press Release: Novasep Signs Two Deals to further Develop Its Presence in Japan. Allied Laboratories and AR Brown Selected as Local Agents". Pompey....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]