Document › Details
Novasep S.A.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Demonstration Project Started for the Conversion of Woody Biomass to Chemicals". Brussels.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Organisation||Novasep Process SAS|
|Organisation 2||BIOFOREVER project (BIO-based products from FORestry via Economically Viable European Routes) (EU, FP8)|
|Product 2||chemistry (science)|
|Person||Laborde, Nadège (Novasep 201311– President of Industrial Biotech business unit joined Novasep 2000)|
BIOFOREVER (BIO-based products from FORestry via Economically Viable European Routes) – a consortium of 14 European companies – today announced the start of a demonstration project for the conversion of woody biomass to value adding chemical building blocks.
In December 2015 the consortium applied for European funding under the Horizon 2020 program and in April 2016 the proposal was positively evaluated by Bio Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU), a public/private partnership between the European Union and the Bio- based Industries Consortium.
BIOFOREVER intends to demonstrate the feasibility of various new value chains from lignocellulosic feedstocks to chemical building blocks like butanol, ethanol, 2, 5 – furandicarboxylic acid (FDCA) on an industrial scale.
Matti Heikkilä, Chief Technical Officer, MetGen Oy:
“MetGen has always been enthusiastic about building new industrial value-chains through collaboration. We are certain that it is already possible to be competitive against petroleum-based chemicals and the food-based sugars utilizing existing technologies – more than that, we can make better products than is possible through conventional processes. To be successful in such a task requires connecting the capabilities and expertise of several companies and research organizations to create complementary and complete processes. BIOFOREVER brings together the most potential technologies in Europe and unifies professionals behind them to tackle an ambitious goal of enabling next generation bio-refining industry.”
A number of pre-treatment and subsequent conversion technologies will be demonstrated, including delivering commercialisation routes for the most promising value chains.
Nadège Laborde, President of Novasep's Industrial Biotech Business Unit:
"BIOFOREVER is supporting the development of a sustainable economy and is part of the European 2020 Strategy. This industrial project must demonstrate we can reach economically viable production of bio-sourced products from a range of woody biomass. Novasep is thrilled to be part of this ambitious project, which is poised to succeed.”
The demonstration project starts in September 2016 and will run for 3 years. The overall budget is € 16.2 million with a € 9.9 million contribution from BBI JU. Woody biomass, including waste wood will be converted to lignin, (nano-) cellulose and (hemi-) cellulosic sugars, and further converted to lignin derivatives and chemicals like butanol, ethanol and FDCA on industrial scale, where feedstocks will be benchmarked with crop residues and energy crops.
Typically, such bio-refineries will be projected in logistic hubs such as the Port of Rotterdam and other European ports.
Tim Davies, Chief Technical Officer, Green Biologics Ltd.:
“Green Biologics relishes the opportunity to work towards the aims of BIOFOREVER, which, through combining a strong consortium of industrial biotechnology, chemical and manufacturing companies and the best available technologies, will drive toward the commercialisation of renewable technology and the development of a world leading bio-refining industry.”
This demonstration project will provide ample space for commercialisation of industrial scale bio-refineries serving new value chains.
BIOFOREVER consortium partners:
- API Europe, Greece - Green Biologics Ltd, UK
- Avantium Chemicals BV, Netherlands - MetGen Oy, Finland
- Bioprocess Pilot Facility BV, Netherlands - Nova Institute, Germany
- Borregaard AS, Norway - Novasep Process SAS, France
- io Refinery Development BV, Netherlands - Phytowelt, Green Technologies GmbH, Germany
- DSM, Netherlands - Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Elkem Carbon AS, Norway - SUEZ Groupe, France
For further information contact email@example.com +31620016964; firstname.lastname@example.org +31653782595; email@example.com +31613692827; or visit our website www.bioforever.eu
Record changed: 2017-01-06
More documents for Novasep (Group)
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Japanese Agent AR Brown Extend Partnership". Cambridge....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Financial Information about Exchange Notes and Warrants". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Novasep Anounces the Success of Its Refinancing". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Launch of an Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation [This press release may not be published, forwarded or distributed, directly or indirectly, in the United States, Canada, Australia or Ja...
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Triclinic Labs Enter a Strategic Alliance for Solid-state Chemistry Services". Lyon....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints Dr. François D’Hooge as Bioconjugation Unit Manager". Lyon....
-  Novasep S.A.. (3/2/16). "Press Release: Novasep Presents the Second Successful Year of Its »Back to Basics« Strategy and Preliminary 2015 Financial Results". Lyon Gerland....
-  Novasep S.A.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Novasep and CPI Advance Innovation in UK Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/29/15). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints World-class Scientists to Strengthen Its Advisory Board". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (6/8/15). "Press Release: Novasep Signs Two Deals to further Develop Its Presence in Japan. Allied Laboratories and AR Brown Selected as Local Agents". Pompey....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]