Document › Details
Novasep S.A.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Triclinic Labs Enter a Strategic Alliance for Solid-state Chemistry Services". Lyon.
|Organisation 2||Triclinic Labs Inc.|
|Product||drug development services|
|Product 2||chemical services|
|Person||Spagnol, Michel (Novasep 201306– CEO before Shasun + Rhodia)|
|Person 2||Brennan, Andrew (Novasep 201609 General Manager of US Operations)|
Partnership will enable Novasep to offer early-stage solid-state chemistry services in North America
Novasep, a leading supplier of services and technologies for the life sciences industry, today announces its partnership with Triclinic Labs, Inc., a US-based provider of contract pharmaceutical and fine chemical solid-state development services. This is Novasep’s first partnership agreement focusing on early-stage, solid-state services. Those services will be in addition to Novasep’s existing, early-stage, active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) synthesis and purification services and made available to customers in North America as well as other regions.
The newly formed alliance between Novasep and Triclinic Labs will enable both parties to offer their customers a full API development service, ranging from first chemical synthesis to solid form optimization. Novasep’s services will be extended to include solid form screening, selection, development, characterization and analytical method development.
“This alliance was designed from the ground up to benefit companies who want a seamless handoff between development and scale up. While there are numerous synthesis companies and early stage development groups, this alliance is distinctive as it pairs two leading companies with extensive, unique and demonstrated physical and analytical chemistry capabilities,” said Dr. David Bugay, CSO of Triclinic Labs. “We can now offer world-class large and small molecule screening, characterization, purification, control, scale up, method development/validation and intellectual property support capabilities.”
While the efficiency of a drug is based on its intrinsic nature and its interactions with biological targets, the preparation process has a strong impact on these properties. Finding the most appropriate solid phase can optimize these features. The best solid phase – be it a crystalline polymorph, salt, cocrystal or amorphous form – can maximize physicochemical properties and therefore improve drug efficiency.
“This new partnership with Triclinic Labs is a further step in our ‘Back to Basics’ strategic plan. It enables us to expand our offering to our clients by adding services onto the last stage of product development,” said Dr. Michel Spagnol, CEO of Novasep.
“The alliance with Triclinic Labs emphasizes our continued commitment towards the North American market, following the recent opening of our US-based synthesis laboratory and kilo lab in Boothwyn, PA,” said Andrew Brennan, general manager at Novasep’s US operations.
“The exciting thing about this strategic alliance is that there is real commitment and effort behind it, at all levels of both companies,” Shawn Comella, Triclinic Labs’ CEO commented. “We believe that collaboration will lead to increased efficiency and success for our clients when they require both solid-state development as well as API manufacturing expertise.”
Novasep is a global provider of cost-effective and sustainable manufacturing solutions for life sciences molecules and fine chemicals. Novasep's unique offering includes process development services, purification equipment and turnkey processes, contract manufacturing services and complex active molecules to serve pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, fine chemical, food and functional ingredients as well as fermentation and chemical commodities industries.
About Triclinic Labs, Inc.
Triclinic Labs is a global leader in solid-state chemistry and materials analysis services for drug development, regulatory compliance, and patent prosecution and litigation. For more than two decades our scientists have helped our worldwide pharmaceutical partners with nearly one thousand INDs, NDAs and legal matters. We specialize in discovering, developing, controlling, analyzing and protecting solid forms of APIs alone and in drug products.
Andrew Lloyd & Associates
UK and US: +44 1273 675 100
France: +33 1 56 54 07 00
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Novasep (Group)
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Novasep and Japanese Agent AR Brown Extend Partnership". Cambridge....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (11/3/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Financial Information about Exchange Notes and Warrants". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Novasep Anounces the Success of Its Refinancing". Lyon....
-  Novasep Holding S.A.S. (9/26/16). "Press Release: Refinancing – Launch of an Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation [This press release may not be published, forwarded or distributed, directly or indirectly, in the United States, Canada, Australia or Ja...
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints Dr. François D’Hooge as Bioconjugation Unit Manager". Lyon....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Demonstration Project Started for the Conversion of Woody Biomass to Chemicals". Brussels....
-  Novasep S.A.. (3/2/16). "Press Release: Novasep Presents the Second Successful Year of Its »Back to Basics« Strategy and Preliminary 2015 Financial Results". Lyon Gerland....
-  Novasep S.A.. (11/10/15). "Press Release: Novasep and CPI Advance Innovation in UK Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (9/29/15). "Press Release: Novasep Appoints World-class Scientists to Strengthen Its Advisory Board". Pompey....
-  Novasep S.A.. (6/8/15). "Press Release: Novasep Signs Two Deals to further Develop Its Presence in Japan. Allied Laboratories and AR Brown Selected as Local Agents". Pompey....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]