Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/24/12). "Press Release: Protea Announces Research Collaboration with Oak Ridge National Laboratory / UT-Batelle. Oak Ridge Installs Protea’s LAESI DP-1000 Ionization System". Morgantown, WV.
|Region||Oak Ridge, TN|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||LAESI DP-1000 system|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Van Berkel, Gary J. (United States (govt) 201202 Mass Spec Group Leader at ORNL Chemical Sciences Division)|
|Person 2||Turner, Stephen (Steve) (Protea Biosciences 201002 CEO)|
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. ("Protea"), a leading bioanalytics company, announced today it had begun a research collaboration with the laboratory of Gary J. Van Berkel, Ph.D., Distinguished Research Staff and Group Leader, Organic and Biological Mass Spectrometry Group, in the Chemical Sciences Division, at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, located in Oak Ridge Tennessee.
Under terms of the research collaboration, a LAESI DP-1000 ionization system, based on Protea's proprietary technology, will be used by the Van Berkel laboratory to explore the molecular structures of material surfaces. The two parties will jointly publish research results and Protea will have certain rights to the discoveries resulting from the collaboration.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest science and energy national laboratory in the U.S. Department of Energy system, employing 1600 scientists and engineers. ORNL's scientific programs focus on materials, neutron science, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology, and national security.
"We are honored to commence this research collaboration with the Van Berkel laboratory at Oak Ridge", stated Steve Turner, Protea's Chairman & CEO. "Their team has been responsible for many innovations in the field of surface profiling. We believe the combination of their laboratory's expertise with the revolutionary capabilities of the LAESI technology will generate exciting results for life science research."
Dr. Van Berkel commented, "There has been a great need for new technology that ionizes samples with no sample preparation, so that material surfaces can be analyzed rapidly and without bias under ambient conditions. This product has the potential to make a real contribution to the future of surface profiling and imaging mass
In 2011, Protea completed the development of the first instruments to embody LAESI technology. By eliminating pretreatment steps, samples can be analyzed without the possible contamination, bias, or sample loss that occurs with current techniques which require the introduction of chemicals, chromatographic separations, or the destruction of the sample itself, in order to enable the identification and characterization of material surfaces by mass spectrometry.
LAESI technology was invented in the laboratory of Akos Vertes, PhD., Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Founder and Co-director W.M. Keck Institute for Proteomics Technology and Applications Department of Chemistry, George Washington University, and exclusively licensed to Protea.
Protea is a leader in the field of bioanalytics - the identification and characterization of proteins, metabolites, and other biomolecules, which are the products of all living cells and life forms - technology that is foundational for all pharmaceutical and life science research.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results, which are forwardlooking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 955 Hartman Run Road, Morgantown, WV 26507
Phone: 304.284.2600 Fax: 304.292.7101
Protea website: www.proteabio.com
About LAESI: https://proteabio.com/LAESI
Oak Ridge National Laboratory website: www.ornl.gov/
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]