Document › Details
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation. (1/15/15). "Press Release: SAFC's State-of-the-Art Dry Powder Media Manufacturing Facility in Irvine, Scotland, Officially Opens Following Extensive Validation Process". St. Louis, MO.
|Country||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Group||Merck (DE) (Group)|
|Product||cell culture media|
|Product 2||reagents (bio/biochemical)|
|Person||Cottier, Gilles (Sigma-Aldrich 201004 President SAFC)|
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL) today announced that SAFC® Commercial (www.sigma-aldrich.com/safc), the business unit providing products and services for use in regulated pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical applications, has validated its recently expanded facility in Irvine, Scotland, which now features dry powder cell culture media.
The Irvine expansion, announced in March 2013, was initiated as part of a five-year capital investment plan designed to support SAFC customers with critical products and services across the globe. Now fully validated, the site acts as the European counterpart to the Lenexa, Kansas, Center of Excellence for cell culture media manufacture and supply in the U.S.
"As the market continues to change, we've recommitted to staying flexible and providing exceptional support for customers, which helps reduce their risk and lowers their cost of ownership," said Gilles Cottier, President of SAFC. "True supply redundancy and the ability to source consistent product supply in different parts of the world are key factors in providing this level of support."
The dry powder media manufacturing capabilities added to the Irvine site are redundant to the manufacturing processes, technology and materials used at the Lenexa facility to ensure reproducible and comparable high-quality product across both sites. SAFC's new dry powder milling and blending capabilities in Irvine are animal component-free and complementary to the liquid cell culture media, buffers and reagents that were already featured at the site.
"Irvine is one of the most modern and fit-for-purpose media facilities in the industry. With the expansion complete, SAFC is unique in its ability to support projects from early clinical development through commercial scale using a globally consistent approach across our cell culture media manufacturing sites in Irvine, Scotland; Lenexa, Kansas; and St. Louis, Missouri," Cottier said.
The site expansion concentrated on creating shorter lead times, improving flexibility and giving customers access to real-time information. Efficiencies in throughput and responsiveness were achieved by decoupling manufacturing processes and focusing on supply logistics, while progressive technologies for in-line monitoring and a process intelligence data historian system deliver transparency. Storage capacity was also expanded, creating new material and finished goods warehousing space.
All construction work completed at the Irvine facility fully complies with appropriate U.S. FDA and EU cGMP requirements, as well as local safety and environmental regulations.
To learn more about SAFC's dry powder capabilities, visit: www.sigma-aldrich.com/safc.
About SAFC: SAFC Commercial, the custom manufacturing and services business unit of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, is recognized as a top 10 global specialty chemicals and biologics supplier. As a trusted manufacturer for the life science and high-technology industries, SAFC works closely with customers to resolve development challenges and accelerate the product pipeline using its global "Centers of Excellence" and dedicated manufacturing facilities. Its rich portfolio includes high-purity inorganic materials for high-technology applications, critical raw materials and extensive biologics safety testing services for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, and complex, high-potent APIs and key intermediates for pharmaceutical manufacturing. For more information, visit www.sigma-aldrich.com/safc.
Sigma-Aldrich, a leading Life Science and Technology company focused on enhancing human health and safety, manufactures and distributes 230,000 chemicals, biochemicals and other essential products and 40,000 equipment products to more than 1.4 million customers globally in research and applied labs as well as in industrial and commercial markets. With three distinct business units - Research, Applied and SAFC Commercial - Sigma-Aldrich is committed to enabling science to improve the quality of life. The Company operates in 37 countries, has approximately 9,000 employees worldwide and had sales of $2.7 billion in 2013. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com .
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Merck (DE) (Group)
-  Merck KGaA. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Merck Advances Lab Water Purification Technology with Milli-Q IQ 7000 System". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (2/1/17). "Press Release: Merck Appoints Anke Schenkel as Head of Group Controlling and Risk Management". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/20/17). "Press Release: Merck and Genea Open Centre of Excellence for Fertility [This press release is not intended for U.S. based media]". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Merck Launches First Commercial Screening Service to Predict Multiple Sources of DNA Damage". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Merck Acquires BioControl to Strengthen Position in Food Safety Testing". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Merck Raises Profit Forecast for 2016 Following Good Third Quarter". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Sets Its Sights on 2018 and Outlines Future Strategic Roadmap". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/13/16). "Press Release: Merck Introduces First Certified Spiking Solution of Heavy Labeled Thyroglobulin Protein". Darmstadt....
-  Merck KGaA. (10/6/16). "Press Release: Merck Unveils New State-of-the-Art M Lab Collaboration Center in Korea". Incheon....
-  Merck KGaA. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Merck to Present New Research Focused on Hard-to-Treat Cancers at ESMO 2016 [Not for U.S. and UK media]". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]