Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/2/10). "Press Release: Public Hospital Network of Paris (Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris) Has Selected Bruker’s IVD MALDI Biotyper for MALDI-TOF-based Microbial Identification". Paris.
At the 30th Reunion Interdisciplinaire de Chimothérapie Anti-Infectieuse (RICAI), Bruker announces that the Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris (APHP) has selected Bruker's IVD MALDI Biotyper as their exclusive MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry-based microbial identification tool. APHP is the association of all 44 public hospitals in Paris, and is the largest public health network in France. The APHP is providing medical service for the complete metropolitan area of Paris with more than ten million inhabitants.
As an immediate result of this selection, the three Hospitals Bichat, Cochin and Lariboisière have each already ordered an IVD MALDI Biotyper system. Additionally, the Hospitals Necker and Pitié-Salpétrière had previously selected and have already been working with Bruker's MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers for several years. The APHP hospitals will use the IVD MALDI Biotyper for mass spectrometry-based identification of microorganisms, such as gram-negative bacteria, gram-positive bacteria and yeasts. Due to typically much faster time-to-result (TTR) and lower consumables cost, MALDI Biotyper-based microbial identification is currently more and more replacing classical biochemical identification approaches. In fact, MALDI Biotyper molecular identification is almost as specific as sequence-based 'gold standard' identification, and allows the rapid identification of most bacterial species within minutes.
Dr. Martin Rottman, Associate Professor of Microbiology at University of Versailles and Hospital Raymond Poincaré, Garches pointed out: "We want to use MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry identification in routine clinical microbiology applications to achieve the precision in bacterial identification that could otherwise only be obtained using time-consuming sequence based identification. Indeed the currently available biochemical methods fail to identify many micro-organisms involved in bone and joint infections. The setup of the ISMABIOs regional network for the surveillance and treatment of bone and joint infection, jointly funded by the Region Ile de France through the DIM Malinf program and AP-HP, the hospital of Versailles and the hospital Croix Saint Simon will use MALDI-TOF based bacterial identification to achieve rapid and exact microbial identification in this demanding task. Bruker's MALDI Biotyper was selected as an obvious choice because it is the only platform with CE-IVD marking and the only system currently validated for clinical use in Europe. Moreover, the instrument can be connected to the laboratory information system for defined IVD applications, as well as be used as an open, research oriented, development platform."
Mr. Peio Mogabure, Microbiology Business Development Manager at Bruker Daltonique S.A., added: "Our selection by the APHP hospital association is a major milestone for further establishing the IVD MALDI Biotyper as the standard mass spectrometry tool in routine laboratories for microbial identification in France. During the last two years, we have successfully implemented the technology at several university hospitals. With this selection, our market leading position for MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry based microbial identification is further underpinned."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
Bruker's proprietary MALDI Biotyper solution enables molecular identification, taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by high-throughput
MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product processing and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. Bruker's robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation efforts and offers low consumables cost per sample. The MALDI Biotyper is available in a research-use-only version, as well as in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79 in certain European countries. For more information, please visit www.maldibiotyper.com.
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT OF BRUKER
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to adverse changes in conditions in the global economy and volatility in the capital markets, the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Bruker Daltonique S.A
Peio Mogabure, +33-3-88066027
Microbiology Business Development Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]