Document › Details
Advion BioSystems, Inc.. (2/5/10). "Press Release: US Patent Granted for Key Element of the NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System". Ithaca, NY.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Advion BioSystems Inc.|
|Organisation 2||NanoTek LLC|
|Product||NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System|
|Product 2||positron emission tomography (PET)|
|Person||Holley, Andy (Advion 201002 NanoTek Product Manager)|
|Person 2||Henion, Jack (Advion 200603– CSO before CEO + 1993 co-founder of Advion)|
Advion BioSystems, Inc. (Advion) announced the issuance of U.S. patent No. 7641860 for their reconfigurable multistage microreactor cartridge apparatus, a key module of the Advion NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System (NanoTek), which is primarilyused by leading Positron Emission Tomography (PET) radiochemists around the world.
PET, which uses specific biomarkers labeled with small amounts of radioactivity, is a powerful technique used in both clinical diagnostic medicine and in advanced medical research and pharmaceutical development. The core technology of the NanoTek system, microfluidic flow chemistry, has proven to be an attractive alternative to conventional vial-based chemistry for radiochemical labeling. The advantages include reduced reaction times and higher radiochemical yields. Researchers who have utilized the NanoTek system in their labs report the ability to conduct multiple sequential syntheses from one delivery of radioisotope, greatly accelerating the optimization of new compounds.
Andy Holley, NanoTek Product Manager, states, "This component enables our users to rapidly reconfigure the NanoTek system for different syntheses. We are pleased that this innovative technology has been recognized and is now protected by the granting of this patent."
Jack Henion, Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Advion added, "Advion is proud of our track record in innovative research. The granting of this patent is yet one more confirmation of our leadership in microfluidic technology."
About Advion BioSystems, Inc.
Advion is the scientific leader in microfluidic systems. The company's scientific knowledge base creates unique nanotechnologies delivering speed, flexibility, and exceptional data quality. Advion is the microfluidics supplier of choice for customers demanding scientific excellence, more information from complex samples, and greater throughput. More about the company can be found at www.advion.com .
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]