Document › Details
Perfinity Biosciences Inc.. (12/5/12). "Press Release: Perfinity Signs Global Commercial Agreement with Shimadzu". West Lafayette, IN.
Perfinity Biosciences Inc. and Shimadzu Corp. today (Dec. 5) announced a global marketing and distribution agreement to commercialize the Perfinity Integrated Digestion Platform (iDP), which automates protein sample preparation and analysis. This automation translates into a significant reduction in sample preparation times, from 18 hours to 30 minutes or less, while providing a significant improvement in reproducibility.
Perfinity iDP can be used in multiple application areas, including process monitoring, protein drug development, quality control, biomarker discovery and fast diagnostics.
Shuzo Maruyama, president of Columbia, Md.-based Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, spoke about Shimadzu's relationship with Perfinity.
"Shimadzu and Perfinity have developed a strong relationship, exemplified by the successful launch of the Perfinity iDP in the U.S. earlier this year," he said. "This agreement builds upon this strength, allowing Shimadzu to deliver this unique solution on a global scale."
Steven Plump, Perfinity Biosciences CEO, spoke about the companies' agreement.
"We are delighted to enter into this agreement with Shimadzu, which will bring a world-class solution to customers around the globe," he said. "This represents another commercial milestone for Perfinity and validation of our proprietary automation technology."
Financial details about the agreement were not disclosed.
About Perfinity Biosciences Inc.
Perfinity Biosciences is a leader in the development, manufacture and supply of products that automate protein separations and mass spec sample preparation. Perfinity Biosciences is located in the Purdue Research Park of West Lafayette, Ind.
About Shimadzu Corp.
Founded in 1875, Shimadzu Corp. is one of the world's largest manufacturers of analytical instrumentation and environmental monitoring equipment. Shimadzu maintains a global network of sales, service, technical support and applications centers on six continents, and has established long-term relationships with a host of highly trained distributors located in over 100 countries.
Purdue Research Park contact: Steve Martin, 765-588-3342, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Joseph Chutka, Perfinity Biosciences, 765-775-1026, ex. 5320, email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Perfinity Biosciences Inc.
-  Perfinity Biosciences Inc.. (6/13/13). "Press Release: Perfinity, Thermo Fisher Scientific Sign Co-marketing Agreement for Automated Online Biopharmaceutical Analysis System". West Lafayette, IN....
-  Perfinity Biosciences Inc.. (5/14/13). "Press Release: Perfinity Biosciences Names Robert Ellis as President and CEO". West Lafayette, IN....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (12/5/12). "Press Release: New Platform for Automated Protein Analysis – Perfinity Integrated Digestion Platform (iDP) Enables Automatic Enzymatic Digestion of Proteins in One Minute, Improving Protein Pretreatment Efficiency"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: New Perfinity Integrated Digestion Platform Simplifies Protein Sample Preparation"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (7/8/11). "Press Release: Perfinity Workstation Wins R&D 100 Award for Analytical Instrumentation"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Automated Protein Sample Preparation System Achieves Quality Milestone"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (3/11/11). "Press Release: New Perfinity Workstation Automates Protein Sample Preparation"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]