Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/6/12). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Celebrates 75th Anniversary of Its Brand and Commitment to China at New Greater China Headquarters". Shanghai.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Friel, Robert F. (PerkinElmer 200802– CEO before COO before President Life+Analytical joined 1999 as CFO)|
|Person 2||Kim, Nam-Hoon (PerkinElmer 201203 VP + General Manager Asia Pacific region)|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, this week officially opened its new Greater China headquarters and celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Company's brand and growth investments in China. Governmental leaders, key customer representatives and PerkinElmer's chairman and chief executive officer, participated in a ceremony held at the new office building in Zhangjiang Hi-tech Park, Shanghai.
"As we commemorate this important milestone, we are proud to recognize our rich history of enhancing the quality of life throughout China for the better - from healthier newborns, better cures and treatments, to safer food and a cleaner environment," said Robert F. Friel, chairman and chief executive officer of PerkinElmer. "The opening of our new Greater China headquarters personifies our continued commitment to our customers and to our vision OF advancing the longevity and quality of life for the people of China."
As the Company commemorates its 75th anniversary as a brand, it is also increasing its investment in China with a new Customer Knowledge Center (CKC), a Global Software Research & Development (R&D) Team and a Global Application Development Center, based out of the new Shanghai headquarters.
> Customer Knowledge Center: The CKC will serve as a demonstration center for PerkinElmer's flagship instruments, targeted for the diagnostics, life sciences, environmental, food and chemical markets. The Company will also utilize the Center as a customer user training center.
> Global Software R&D Team: An integral part of PerkinElmer's global R&D group, this team will provide a critical role in helping to accelerate the research and development and time-to-market of both PerkinElmer's instruments and software. In addition, the team will focus on addressing and tailoring specific software solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Chinese market.
> Global Application Development Center: Chemists and scientists using PerkinElmer's state-of-art instruments, software and consumables, will develop application methods and turn-key solutions to address customer needs in the environmental, food safety and other industrial end-markets specifically for China as well as across the globe. The center will also serve as a platform to support and facilitate application collaboration projects with customers.
Mr. Nam-Hoon Kim, vice president, Asia Pacific and general manager, China at PerkinElmer, said, "We are excited about our recent innovation investments and customer-focused initiatives in China. In particular, the establishment of the new Customer Knowledge Center will help to further address the needs of our Chinese customers while improving the health and safety of the Chinese people and the environment."
PerkinElmer has achieved another significant milestone in China. PerkinElmer's new diagnostics research and development and manufacturing facility based in Taicang, Suzhou will officially begin production in September. The facility recently passed the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification conducted by the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA). The site, which will produce high-quality diagnostic reagents and testing instruments, will be mainly oriented to the emerging markets and is expected to become one of the most significant and largest PerkinElmer R&D and manufacturing sites worldwide.
Integral to its mission and beliefs, PerkinElmer shares common goals with the Chinese people, including ensuring neonatal health, detecting disease earlier, developing new and better drugs faster, improving air and water quality, and increasing the efficiency and amount of renewable energies.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader in improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately USD1.9 billion in 2011, has approximate 7,000 employees serving the customers in more than 150 countries, and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index. For more information, please make a phone call on 1-877-PKI-NYSE [Call: 1-877-PKI-NYSE] or visit our Website www.perkinelmer.com.
# # # #
Tel.: (86-021) 60645609
EMG China Co., Ltd.
Tel.: (86-010) 6588 1980
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Barclays Capital Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/2/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/23/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's NexION 2000 ICP-MS Provides Industry-leading Versatility for Trace Elemental Analyses". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/9/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Acquire Tulip Diagnostics Private Limited in India". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]