Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/10/13). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Introduces Novel Life Sciences Solutions at the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) 2013 Conference. Enhanced Tools and Expanded Epigenetic Kits Help in the Advancement of Drug
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Person||Hrusovsky, Kevin (Quanterix 201507 CEO before PerkinElmer + Caliper)|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, will showcase an array of novel products at the 2nd Annual Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) Conference (#SLAS2013) in Orlando, January 12-16, including an Epigenetic Biochemical Toolbox, the JANUS® NGS Express™ liquid handling workstation and the Sciclone® NGSx Workstation™ platform (booth #1207).
"We are excited to participate in this significant industry event and bolster our commitment to our customers with new and transformational innovations that will help them to advance the prevention, detection and treatment of disease," said Kevin Hrusovsky, president, Life Sciences and Technology, PerkinElmer. "The study of epigenetics and the exciting innovations in next generation sequencing are proving to be powerful tools for better understanding cancer and other debilitating diseases so that we are better equipped to combat them. We believe our transformative assays and instrumentation will help enable our customers to bring better, more effective medicines to market." PerkinElmer products on display at SLAS 2013 include:
> An expanded Epigenetic Biochemical Toolbox with more than 40 validated enzymatic assays for the detection of post-translational modifications of histones H3, H4 and p53. The PerkinElmer assays cover all the major writer and eraser enzyme families and can be used across a range of substrates, from peptides to histones to full nucleosomes. The toolbox complements the novel AlphaLISA® Epigenetic Cellular Detection Kits for cell-based detection of epigenetic modifications. Together, these products allow interrogation of compounds in more biologically relevant formats and improve efficiency in the identification of drug candidates targeting epigenetic enzymes related to key disease states. PerkinElmer's epigenetic portfolio provides researchers access to fully validated reagents and assay development services that offer valuable time savings in the race to discover novel drug candidates. These highly specific reagents along with PerkinElmer's knowledgeable support for the development of epigenetic assays help researchers identify and characterize their lead compounds more quickly and efficiently.
> The PerkinElmer JANUS® NGS Express™ liquid handling workstation automates key procedures involved in the sample preparation workflow for benchtop next-generation DNA sequencing platforms. Validated methods include fragment library preparation, amplicon sequencing, normalization and complex sample pooling for multiplexed sequencing experiments. The JANUS NGS Express enables better sample-to-sample consistency and decreased hands-on time with the capability of efficient sample preparation of up to 24 libraries for higher quality library prep with increased yields and fewer errors.
> The PerkinElmer Sciclone® NGSx Workstation™ platform for high-throughput next generation sequencing workflows helps researchers accelerate the preparation of DNA samples for sequencing with minimal user intervention. The Sciclone NGSx, allows for full walk-away library prep for up to 96 samples per run with standardized protocols available for exome capture, RNA-Seq and fragment library prep using kits from multiple suppliers. Automated sample prep with the Sciclone NGSx helps provide consistency, repeatability and traceability, eliminate cross-contamination and has the flexibility for future application development enabling consistency, robustness and the ability to utilize the chemistry of your choice.
> PerkinElmer offers a full sequencing portfolio dedicated to helping meet scientific challenges including sample isolation, fragment and sizing, library generation, sample quantification, sequencing and analysis.
The above products are for research use only and not for use in diagnostic procedures.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,400 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Paul Barren Edelman (On behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Barclays Capital Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/2/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/23/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's NexION 2000 ICP-MS Provides Industry-leading Versatility for Trace Elemental Analyses". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/9/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Acquire Tulip Diagnostics Private Limited in India". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]