Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/26/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Agreement to Purchase Remaining Interest of Mass Spectrometry Joint Venture and Related Assets". Waltham, MA.
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced that it has agreed to purchase the remaining interest of its joint venture in Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) and related assets from Danaher Corporation. Danaher acquired this joint venture stake and these assets as part of its acquisition of MDS Inc.'s Analytical Technologies business.
The purchase of the remaining 50% of the joint venture and related assets will provide PerkinElmer with full ownership of the joint venture and its ICP-MS product line. Complete PerkinElmer ownership of the ICP-MS product line and related assets will help to ensure the continued success of this technology with a dedicated and fully integrated approach throughout the entire value chain, including R&D, manufacturing, sales and service.
John Roush, president, Environmental Health, PerkinElmer, said, "The global population is increasingly vulnerable to safety threats from toxic elements such as lead, cadmium, mercury, and arsenic affecting the quality of our water and food supplies. Our continued commitment and innovation in ICP-MS will provide our customers with solutions that support the analysis of component elements, trace elements or contaminants in samples of interest, leading to improved products and applications for their end markets - and ultimately to better outcomes for human and environmental health."
He added, "The consolidation of the joint venture will reinforce our market leadership position while further demonstrating our commitment to the ICP-MS product line and the sustained development of this critical technology. Customers will benefit from our ability to get products to market faster, as well as to better align our offering with market needs."
ICP-MS is a detection technology that allows high-sensitivity simultaneous detection of individual chemical elements in a sample, for diverse applications within the environmental, nutraceutical, biomonitoring, semiconductor and geochemical research markets.
PerkinElmer has been at the forefront of atomic spectroscopy analytical technology for over 40 years with a comprehensive product line including flame and graphite furnace atomic absorption (AA) spectrometers, inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometers (ICP-OES) and ICP-MS systems. The purchase of the remaining interest of the ICP-MS joint venture and related assets further solidifies PerkinElmer's dedication to serving the needs of atomic spectroscopy laboratories across the globe.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009 has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Corporate Public Relations email@example.com
Edelman Public Relations
Amanda L. Connolly, 404-832-6785 Amanda.Connolly@Edelman.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]