Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/14/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Advances Thermal Analysis with Hyphenated Techniques for Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA)". Shelton, CT.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product||thermal analytical instrument|
|Product 2||Clarus® 600 T Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS)|
|Person||Long, Robert (PerkinElmer 201001 VP Spectroscopy)|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced a suite of hyphenated solutions for Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA), or measurements made on gases released by a thermal analyzer. The hyphenated technologies allow PerkinElmer to provide laboratories, ranging from pharmaceutical and polymer to academia and chemical, with solutions for enhanced safety and quality.
Hyphenated technologies for EGA enable scientists to determine how materials respond to heat. The direct analysis of evolved gases from materials by gas chromatography (GC), gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS), and fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) provides scientists with better information than thermal analysis profiles alone. When heated, materials containing volatile solvents release gases, which can be identified and measured by the GC, GC-MS, or IR technologies. This capability allows greater materials safety, quality control, as well as enhancing understanding of reaction mechanisms.
"Hyphenated techniques are a growing trend, and PerkinElmer is well positioned to serve this market," said Martin Long, vice president, Spectroscopy, PerkinElmer. "As a complete solution provider with decades of experience in spectroscopy, thermal analysis and chromatography, PerkinElmer can efficiently develop and install hyphenated solutions that meet the growing needs of customers in a wide variety of markets across the globe."
PerkinElmer is the only company that provides thermal analysis, spectroscopy and mass spectrometry technology and services for EGA. The company's current hyphenation offerings for EGA are comprised of a thermogravimetric analyzer (TGA) coupled with infrared spectrometers (TG-IR), gas chromatography mass spectrometers (TG-GC/MS) and mass spectrometers (TG-MS).
TG-IR uses PerkinElmer's FT-IR spectrometers to identify materials by their functional groups while TG-MS uses the Clarus(R) MS to measure the components of the gas by their mass ion. Both of these methods are real time. TG-GC/MS provides concentration of the evolved materials and allows the detection of small amounts of material from complex matrixes.
For more information on PerkinElmer's EGA solutions, visit www.perkinelmer.com/hyphenation
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Lori Benedetto, 203-402-6893
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]