Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (3/28/14). "Press Release: PerkinElmer and Fudan University Help Strengthen Asia-Pacific Innovation and Collaboration for Life Science Research. Jointly Establish Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Demonstration Laboratory".
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Organisation 2||Fudan University Shanghai Medical College-PerkinElmer, Inc. Joint Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Demonstration Laboratory|
|Group||Fudan University Shanghai|
|Product||IVIS® Imaging System|
|Product 2||drug development|
|Person||Bielefeld-Sévigny, Martina (PerkinElmer 200401– VP drug discovery + research reagents before DSM Biologics)|
WHAT: PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced its new collaboration with Fudan University Shanghai Medical College on a new Center of Excellence -- The Fudan University Shanghai Medical College-PerkinElmer, Inc. Joint Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Demonstration Laboratory. The Laboratory officially opened today, and leaders from both parties attended the opening ceremony and discussed key academic topics in life science research.
"We are very pleased to be able to collaborate with Fudan University in the field of bio-imaging technology. We believe that the combination of PerkinElmer's globally leading bio-imaging technology and the clinical experience of one of China's top universities will provide a better space for research and development of life sciences in China -- helping to advance the understanding of biology and to find disease treatment options," said Dr. Martina Bielefeld Sévigny, Vice President & General Manager Sales APAC, PerkinElmer.
WHERE: Located in the Shanghai Medical College campus, the Laboratory is equipped with leading hardware and software devices. Both parties will work together to offer platform and technical services, project collaboration, application development and other functions to promote the adoption of small animal in vivo imaging technology -- making the lab an iconic center for this practice in China and the Asia- Pacific region.
HOW: The Laboratory started construction in May 2013 and covers over 90 square meters. Researchers will be primarily engaged in the application of bio-imaging technology in life sciences, translational medicine, pharmacology, stem cells and materials science. They will also study models for various diseases and disorders including cancer, cardiovascular disease, nerve-related disease, infectious disease, immune-related disorders and metabolic and orthopedic disease.
PerkinElmer will provide the Laboratory with a variety of equipment (including the PerkinElmer IVIS® SpectrumCT), representing some of the world's most advanced in vivo imaging technologies. Fudan University Shanghai Medical College will provide an experimental venue, supporting cell room and animal house. Professor Yuan Zhenghong will be directly responsible for operating and managing the Laboratory in his role as Director of Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology of Ministry of Education / Ministry of Public Health, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University.
MORE: "We are very pleased to build a laboratory together with PerkinElmer. This is a new starting point for the two parties' collaboration. I hope that through this opportunity, we will join hands to actively explore, complement each other, and share resources in scientific research, talent cultivation and other areas, working together to make a greater contribution to the development of China's medical technology," said Professor Gui Yonghao, Vice President of Fudan University.
Since entering China, PerkinElmer has carried out extensive cooperation with a number of Chinese research institutions. In addition to Fudan University Shanghai Medical College, it has also established partnerships with a number of national research institutions, including the National Center for Drug Screening, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Environmental Analysis and Testing Center.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2.2 billion in 2013, has about 7,600 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Barclays Capital Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/2/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/23/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's NexION 2000 ICP-MS Provides Industry-leading Versatility for Trace Elemental Analyses". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/9/17). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Acquire Tulip Diagnostics Private Limited in India". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]