Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (3/2/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Highlights New Analytical Solutions at PITTCON 2010 to Enhance Research and Testing for Pharmaceuticals. Hyphenated Scientific Instrumentation to Help Validate Drug Quality and Composition". Orland
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2010 Orlando|
|Person||Long, Martin (PerkinElmer 201003 VP Spectroscopy, Analytical Sciences + Laboratory Services)|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, is highlighting its latest scientific solutions for pharmaceutical laboratories at PITTCON 2010, Feb. 28-March 5, Booth 2769.
PerkinElmer will be showcasing several innovative hyphenated techniques and molecular spectroscopy instruments designed to help scientists gain greater sample insight for quality control testing; from the receipt of raw materials, through product development, to the characterization required for filing new patents.
The Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)-Raman spectroscopy hyphenated system is making its PITTCON booth debut and will also be featured in presentations focused on utilizing this simultaneous technique in the study of pharmaceutical materials, including carbamazepine and acetaminophen.
"The true value of this hyphenated technique is in its ability to classify and characterize polymorphs," explained Martin Long, vice president, Spectroscopy, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. "This is especially important in the pharmaceutical industry, because if a polymorph is not classified accurately when filing a patent, the pharmaceutical company could risk the integrity of their product, costing their company millions in revenue."
When the DSC and Raman techniques are combined, snapshots of Raman spectra are captured as the sample material is heated with a thermal analyzer. As events occur in the sample, the Raman spectrometer collects the various spectral signatures. These can be accurately matched to a library, leaving the scientist with a clear fingerprint of the pharmaceuticals structure.
PerkinElmer technologies also on display at PITTCON Booth 2769 include:
* TG-GC/MS Hyphenated System - In this system, the Pyris(R) 1 thermogravimetric analyzer (TGA) has been combined with the Clarus(R) 680 gas chromatography mass spectrometer (GC/MS) for the study of Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA). As samples are heated on the thermal analyzer, the materials separate and volatiles are released. These gases are then transferred to the GC/MS where low levels of impurities can be detected.
* IdentiCheck(TM) - This portable Raman spectrometer combines the high performance of a laboratory-based instrument with the convenience of a portable, light-weight unit that can be easily taken to the point of analysis.
* Spotlight(TM) 150 - The FT-IR microscope system offers simplicity of operation with high performance to allow for easier and faster measurements of even the most challenging samples, at an exceptional value.
For more information about the PerkinElmer offerings at PITTCON, including in-booth educational offerings, technical posters and presentations, visit www.perkinelmer.com/pittcon2010.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Lori Benedetto, 203-402-6893
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]