Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (3/29/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer ICP-MS Systems Help Ensure Safety of Chinese Herbal Medicines". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Organisation 2||Liaoning Institute for Food and Drug Control|
|Product||ELAN® 9000 ICP-MS|
|Product 2||NexION™ 300 ICP-MS|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced that the Company's Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) technology can help insure that traditional Chinese herbal medicines comply with safety guidelines.
Amid concerns that traditional herbal ingredients may contain potentially toxic contaminants, PerkinElmer's broad portfolio of high performance analytical solutions are well suited for the safety and quality testing of traditional Chinese herbal medicines. PerkinElmer's ICP-MS systems, such as the ELAN 9000, offer exceptional analytical sensitivity and accuracy and feature superior detection capacity. (This capability is demonstrated by a recent collaboration with a food and drug institute in China, which can be found online at the following linked application note.)
A popular choice of alternative therapy or health care, traditional Chinese herbal medicines are generally perceived by consumers as being natural and having few side-effects. Due to the complexity of the medicinal plants, their inherent biological variation and environmental influences, including water sources, soil conditions, fertilizers and manufacturing processes, it is essential to evaluate the safety, efficacy and quality of these herbal ingredients to ensure consumer safety.
Awareness of the potential for contamination has led to the increased demand for quantitative evaluation of inorganic impurities. The Chinese Pharmacopoeia 2010 (CP 2010) guidelines, due to take effect later this year, will set legal limitations on the levels of certain critical elements, including lead and arsenic, in medicinal products intended for frequent use by infants and the elderly. PerkinElmer's range of ELAN ICP-MS instruments, as well as the new NexION 300 ICP-MS offering, which both combine superior detection limits with ease of use and high sample throughput, can help to assess traditional Chinese herbal ingredients for CP 2010 compliance.
Designed for the quantification of elemental isotopic concentrations and ratios, PerkinElmer's ELAN ICP-MS range offers multi-element capacity, allowing the detection of multiple analytes per sample to enable quicker analysis. Operating at or below the parts-per-trillion detection range, ELAN ICP-MS systems can provide the levels of sensitivity and reproducibility necessary for the accurate determination of the inorganic profile of Chinese herbal medicines.
PerkinElmer's ELAN ICP-MS system is part of an extensive portfolio of precision-engineered analytical instruments developed to help ensure consumer safety. For further information on ELAN ICP-MS instrumentation, visit www.perkinelmer.com.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
PerkinElmer (UK) Ltd.
Dr. Nicola Vosloo,
+44 (0) 1494 874 515
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 679 331 email@example.com
Barrett Dixon Bell
Nicola Aldren / James Parker,
+44 (0)161 925 4700
Fax: +44 (0)161 925 4701
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]