Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (3/30/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Introduces New Sample Prepration Block Systems for Environmental and Contract Lab Research". Shelton, CT.
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today introduced its new Sample Preparation Blocks (SPB) and accessories. These products are designed to meet contemporary sample digestion needs in environmental and basic laboratory research, and to combat associated temperature and contamination problems.
SPBs are ideal for providing low-to-medium temperature sample digestion in laboratories performing inorganic analyses of a variety of samples such as water, soil, food and various biomonitoring materials. In the past, hot plates were used to perform digestion simulations, but common problems such as rusting, cross contamination, and poor temperature control resulted in inaccurate results and decreased productivity for laboratory analysts. SPBs help control these issues, leading to stronger experimental outcomes.
"PerkinElmer recognized a market need for high quality, easy-to-use, yet affordable, sample preparation equipment as an alternative to low performance hot plates," said Martin Long, vice president, Spectroscopy, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. "The addition of efficient SPBs to our current product line supports our commitment to serving the global spectroscopy market. Our extensive experience in atomic spectroscopy gives our customers added confidence knowing that they are receiving quality products from a market leader they can trust."
With no exposed metal components and an outer shell manufactured from KYDEX(R) plastic, the SPB blocks reduce the chance of sample contamination and are well suited to corrosive environments, such as those found in most inorganic sample preparation laboratories. An additional advantage over hot plates is that each system is constructed with a solid, graphite block where a flat heater covers 95% of the block's base. This allows for temperature uniformity (+/- 1.0 ËsC across the block) and greater ease of use and increased productivity for the analyst. It also allows for more consistent and uniform sample evaporation, resulting in an efficient and expedient sample preparation process. The graphite block is also Teflon(R)-coated to resist aggressive corrosive attack for guaranteed long-life in laboratory environments.
There are currently six different SPB blocks available, ranging in capacity from 12 to 72 samples and accommodating either 50- or 100-mL tube sizes. A complete range of consumables and accessories for the SPB systems are available including an easy-to-use touchscreen control unit. These SPB systems complement PerkinElmer's current sample preparation offering, which includes the Multiwave(TM) 3000 microwave digestion system.
For more information, please call your local representative or visit www.perkinelmer.com/spbsupplies.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Director, Spectroscopy Consumables
Marketing Communications Manager Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]