Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (7/11/12). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Unveils Asset Genius Informatics Solution to Optimize Laboratory Equipment Utilization". Waltham, MA.
Global leader in informatics introduces business intelligence solution to reduce lab downtime, improve asset usage and extend instrument longevity
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the launch of Asset Genius™, an informatics-based business intelligence solution. Asset Genius enables laboratories to make effective decisions on how laboratory assets are deployed, utilized and managed throughout their lifecycle, and helps scientists achieve improved productivity from their instruments.
"One of the greatest challenges faced by laboratories is gaining a clear picture and understanding of how lab assets are deployed and utilized. This type of information is essential to drive asset optimization for increased scientific throughput, better cost certainty and increasing overall optimization of laboratory operations," said Michael Stapleton, General Manager, Informatics, PerkinElmer. "The Asset Genius platform offers a real-time solution for finding and presenting the data and analysis needed to make effective decisions to gain efficiencies and drive business outcomes."
The Asset Genius platform delivers information that management and laboratory leaders can apply to make insightful, informed, data-driven decisions on asset deployment, utilization and lab operations planning.
Procurement can apply utilization data to better evaluate the need for purchases of new assets and evaluate potential cost optimization opportunities by identifying and redeploying underutilized assets.
Utilization data can be applied to establish maintenance and calibration plans that are based on usage rather than a recommended time frame, potentially reducing operating expenses without impacting the quality of the results.
Instrument data is captured directly, with no disruption to workflows, and with no user intervention required. The system automatically collects detailed real-time utilization data from any networked laboratory instrument, regardless of the vendor, from simple instruments such as balances to sophisticated instruments with their own data systems such as chromatography data systems. The Asset Genius platform also addresses non-networked instruments by allowing usage information to be collected manually through an easy to use, integrated e-form.
The Asset Genius system can aggregate all instrument data into analysis and visualization reports that provide enterprise-wide insight into utilization metrics. Using Asset Genius' pre-configured suite of reports, scientific and operations leaders can drill-down through the data and quickly identify key performance and utilization metrics (e.g., the number of samples run, the number of injections or methods used, which project a particular asset is focused on, asset errors, etc.). Visually enhanced business intelligence reports, charts and dashboards provide instant insight into utilization trends and comparative analyses that can drive decisions on how to better optimize assets throughout the organization.
PerkinElmer is a leading provider of discovery, collaboration, and knowledge enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases and consulting services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. The Company offers enterprise solutions, desktop software, scientific databases, and professional services for biotechnology, drug discovery and chemical research, including software, databases, and web sites which enable customers to create, analyze and communicate chemical, biological, and scientific information more effectively.
For more information about Asset Genius or any other PerkinElmer software solutions, please visit www.perkinelmer.com/informatics.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Corporate Public Relations Specialist
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]