Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Launches AxION Mass Spectrometry Platform". Waltham, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||AxION™ Mass Spectrometry platform|
|Product 2||AxION 2 TOF-MS instrument|
|Person||Tenney, Dusty (PerkinElmer 201005 President Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services)|
|Person 2||Connolly, Amanda L. (Edelman 201107)|
PerkinElmer Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the launch of its AxION™ Mass Spectrometry platform at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference, June 5-9, in Denver, Colorado. The AxION hardware and software platform is specifically designed to deliver rapid and accurate mass identification and quantification to monitor water quality to ensure its safety as well as safer pharmaceutical and food products.
"In designing our new AxION MS hardware and software, our goal was to provide our customers the highest levels of confidence in their results so that they are better equipped to protect the environment and human health," said Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. "The AxION MS platform delivers unambiguous determination of complex molecules across a wide dynamic range so that contaminants and impurities can be readily identified.
The combination of the state of art AxION hardware and software suite, brings highly specific, fast and accurate quantification to quality control and research-based organizations. The AxION platform is intended to help companies deliver better quality products and services to consumers across the environmental, food and pharmaceutical sectors.
The AxION system's speed and specificity enable unambiguous identification and quantification of both known and unexpected compounds, for full characterization of a sample. With the combination of resolving power and sensitivity, the AxION platform helps determine critical contamination levels across a broad range of samples including environmental soil and water, pharmaceutical components and pesticide analysis of food products.
The AxION platform consists of the following hardware and software designed to provide user flexibility and facilitate tailored workflows:
- The AxION 2 Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (TOF-MS) instrument is available with a choice of patented ion sources, including dual probe Ultraspray™ 2 ESI or Field-Free Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI). Each source has interchangeable snap-in probes to enhance productivity and user flexibility by reducing cross-contamination.
- The AxION Solo™ software features an immediate results review system for single or multiple target analysis, to identify and quantify the presence of known substances in a series of samples.
- The AxION XPO™ software has a user-definable, color-coded results view to allow laboratory managers to screen high volumes of samples at a glance.
- The AxION eDoor™ package has been created for Open Access environments. The intuitive user interface guides customers through the analysis from login, method selection and sample setup in a network environment, with simple results delivery by email.
For further information on AxION, visit http://www.perkinelmer.com/TOFMS
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, has about 6,200 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Amanda L. Connolly
Edelman (on behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]