Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (2/17/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Launches New Health Screening Lab in India, Partners with MediScan Systems to Increase Availability of Maternal and Neonatal Diagnostics". Chennai.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer India Pvt. Ltd.|
|Product 2||diagnostic test, neonatal|
|Person||Sundell, Ann-Christine (PerkinElmer 200810 President Genetic Screening)|
PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI), a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and their environment, today announced that it has expanded its fetal, maternal and neonatal health screening capability in India, with the inauguration of the PerkinElmer Health Sciences laboratory.
The new laboratory, located in Chennai, will feature PerkinElmer's advanced technologies for diagnosing common and serious health issues in expecting mothers and babies in India, including prenatal testing for Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders, maternal testing for pre-eclampsia, diabetes, thyroid disorders, and infectious disease, and newborn testing for potentially fatal inherited and metabolic disorders.
Ann-Christine Sundell, president, Genetic Screening, PerkinElmer, said, "PerkinElmer is delighted to announce the opening of our new laboratory in Chennai which brings greater availability of fetal, maternal and newborn screening to mothers and children in India. Of the more than 25 million babies born annually in India today, only a small percentage have access to medical screening to detect and treat health issues. In partnership with local leaders in fetal medicine, we look forward to improving family health outcomes."
In support of the Company's fetal and maternal health program, PerkinElmer is also proud to announce its collaboration with MediScan Systems, led by founder Dr. S. Suresh, a leading Fetal Medicine Specialist and sonologist in India. MediScan has recently been certified by Dr. Kypros Nicolaides, director of the Fetal Medicine Foundation UK, as the first official Fetal Medicine Foundation Training Center in India.
Dr. Suresh, director of MediScan Systems, said, "We are very excited about our partnership with PerkinElmer, because working together we can now bring the highest quality fetal and maternal health diagnostics to young Indian families all over India."
PerkinElmer India, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PerkinElmer, operates as a direct sales, service and marketing operation targeting India's thriving life science and analytical instrumentation markets. PerkinElmer India serves approximately 1,500 customers across various industries, including pharmaceutical, government, environmental, petrochemical and chemical. The Company provides precision instrumentation, testing systems and components, software and services for a wide range of scientific and industrial laboratory applications. Its products are used in predictive diagnostics, personalized medicine and environmental monitoring. PerkinElmer India currently employs approximately 170 people in Bangalore, Baroda, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune and Thane.
About MediScan Systems
MediScan is the first referral diagnostic ultrasound centre in South India and has grown into one of the largest tertiary referral centres for Fetal Medicine in the region. The centre performs about 25,000 scans and over 3,000 fetal diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per year. MediScan is one of the best recognized training centres providing international quality training in ultrasound since its inception.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Media Contact (U.S. and Global):
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Media Contact (India):
Bhavna Thapar Munshi, +91 (22) 2281 0168 ~ 72 x 228
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]