Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Advances Elemental Analysis for Environmental, Materials, and Consumer Safety Applications with NexION 300 ICP-MS". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product||NexION™ 300 ICP-MS|
|Product 2||Universal Cell Technology™ (UCT)|
|Person||Long, Martin (PerkinElmer 201003 VP Spectroscopy, Analytical Sciences + Laboratory Services)|
New atomic spectroscopy platform offers advanced, user-friendly parts-per-trillion range detection capability for a diverse range of applications
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the launch of the NexION(TM) 300 Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) for elemental analysis at PITTCON(R) 2010, March 1-4, 2010, Booth 2769.
"The NexION 300 platform advances trace element analysis, and its introduction is perfectly timed to help address global problems ranging from contamination of our air, water and food, to the integrity of pharmaceuticals and nutritional supplements, as well as the safety of emerging nanomaterials," explained Martin Long, vice president, spectroscopy, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer.
He added, "Researchers can now benefit from a simplified system for analysis of trace elements in the parts-per-trillion range, allowing even non-expert users to perform complex analyses. The new NexION 300 system also greatly reduces the need for daily user maintenance and cleaning, translating into minimal downtime and less need for highly-skilled operators."
The NexION 300 instrument features the patented Universal Cell Technology(TM) (UCT) and is the only instrument of its kind with three modes of interference removal - Standard, Collision and Reaction. These three modes allow scientists to choose the appropriate technique for their particular application, based on the complexity of the problem to be solved.
NexION's Standard mode can be used for simple and routine analyses. Collision mode is effective for semi-quantitative analyses, environmental sample monitoring and testing unknown samples. Reaction mode, using patented DRC(TM) technology, provides the best detection limits available, for even the most difficult elements and matrices such as semiconductor testing.
The NexION 300 system can be integrated with chromatography systems for effective speciation analysis to enable customers to accurately separate and measure the toxicity, bioavailability, metabolism and environmental mobility of elements.
For further information on PerkinElmer's atomic spectroscopy solutions, visit www.perkinelmer.com/nexion300
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.8 billion in 2009, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Sandra Schiller, 203-402-7105
PerkinElmer LAS (UK) Limited
Dr. Nicola Vosloo, +44 (0) 1494 679 248
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 679 331
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]