Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (5/17/11). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Launches the New Optima 8x00 ICP-OES Spectrometer". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product||Optima™ 8x00 ICP-OES (product series)|
|Product 2||ICP optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES)|
|Person||Tenney, Dusty (PerkinElmer 201005 President Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services)|
|Person 2||Connolly, Amanda L. (Edelman 201107)|
Global leader's ICP-OES series provides improved performance and reduced operating costs for analysis of environmental, food, pharmaceutical, product safety and geochemical samples
PerkinElmer Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the launch of its Optima™8x00 series of Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometers (ICP-OES).
The Optima 8x00 ICP-OES platform offers improved performance and reduced operating costs for analysis of environmental, food, pharmaceutical, product safety and geochemical samples. ICP-OES is a highly sensitive, rapid technique for determining the elemental composition of a wide variety of sample types.
"Whether the challenge is identifying and quantifying environmental contaminants, or determining the quality of pharmaceuticals and nutraceutical supplements, the new Optima 8x00 series is an ideal solution for today's laboratories," said Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. "We are excited to launch the next generation of ICP-OES instruments, which will further improve productivity, sensitivity and cost of ownership to meet the diverse needs of today's labs, worldwide."
The Optima 8x00 series is designed for ease of use and exceptional throughput and detection limits, which helps maximize productivity and profitability of testing laboratories. Based on customer needs and real-world applications, the Optima 8x00 series has a number of new features that will enable laboratories to lower their cost per analysis and more easily meet the ever-changing regulatory requirements.
New innovative radio frequency (RF) generator technology dramatically reduces argon consumption, thus driving a reduction in the cost of ownership with increased efficiency. A novel electronic sample introduction system provides superior sensitivity which, coupled with enhanced stability, helps address the ever increasing regulatory demands of the environmental and pharmaceutical markets.
Key features of the Optima8x00 platform include:
* eNeb™ Sample Introduction: By generating a constant flow of small uniform droplets, eNeb enables the Optima to deliver superior instrument stability and detection limits-ideal for environmental and pharmaceutical labs.
* Flat Plate™ Plasma Technology: A patented RF generator featuring maintenance-free plasma induction plates in place of the traditional helical load coil. With no cooling required and reduced argon consumption, operating costs are dramatically reduced.
* PlasmaCam™ Viewing Camera: By offering continuous viewing of the plasma, this integrated camera simplifies method development and enables remote diagnostic capabilities for maximum uptime. Ideal for high-throughput contract labs in food/product safety/geochemical.
The Optima 8x00 series performance is assured when used with PerkinElmer exclusive glassware, including torches and injectors. The complete portfolio of specialized accessories, supplies and consumables deliver reliable performance, help reduce operating costs and maximize instrument uptime.
The Optima 8x00 series will be available globally in May 2011. For more information, visit us at www.perkinelmer.com/optima8x00
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, has about 6,200 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
Edelman (on behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Amanda L. Connolly, 404-832-6785
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]