Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (5/28/09). "Press Release: Scientists Cut Measurement Time by Up to 50% with the New Spectrum 100S FT-IR Spectrometer". Shelton, CT.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Organisation 2||Porter Novelli Inc.|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the launch of the Spectrum 100S, a new infrared (FT-IR) spectrometer offering increased productivity and enhanced sensitivity for the analysis of even the most difficult samples.
Infrared (FT-IR) is used primarily in the chemical, pharmaceutical and academic research industries to identify or validate raw materials and to examine the properties and performance of novel materials and their component parts. With a 50% increase in sensitivity over the previous Spectrum 100 model, the new Spectrum 100S spectrometer can analyze materials in applications that previously required a specialized detector. In addition, it can also increase productivity by reducing analysis time by up to 50% for most routine applications.
"The improvements our engineers have made to the Spectrum 100 Series enable users to work faster and solve even more difficult problems," explained Martin Long, vice president, Materials Characterization, PerkinElmer. "The increased sensitivity means that even poorly transmitting samples like heavily filled elastomers, poorly reflecting samples like coal, and micro-samples such as single fibers can now be measured in seconds or minutes."
The 50% improved signal-to-noise performance of the Spectrum 100S delivers a sensitivity typically only associated with specialized instruments costing approximately 40% more. The instrument also benefits from the patented Advanced Atmospheric Compensation feature that removes spectral interference from water and carbon dioxide and can eliminate the need to take reference spectra before running an analysis, and the exclusive Automatic Virtual Instrument (AVI) function, which enables easy method transfer from one instrument to another.
"Our latest improvements to the Spectrum 100 spectrometer reflect over 70 years of history in the development and manufacture of robust, high-performing instruments. The Spectrum 100S clearly represents how our engineering excellence is applied to a wide range of technologies in order to enable our customers to gain greater insights into materials' properties, as well as benefit from improved levels of productivity," commented Long.
The Spectrum 100S is available globally for purchase. More information is available at www.perkinelmer.com/ftir.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of almost $2 billion in 2008, has approximately 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
PerkinElmer: Lori Benedetto 203-402-6893 firstname.lastname@example.org
Porter Novelli: Kate Weiss 617-897-8255 email@example.com
The increased sensitivity of the Spectrum™ 100S from PerkinElmer® can help reduce analysis time and enable greater productivity in materials science laboratories.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]