Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/6/11). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Launches Integrated Solution to Advance the Identification and Validation of New Drug Targets and Improve Assessment of Drug Response". Waltham, MA.
PerkinElmer Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the availability of the VectraTM 2 automated slide imaging system, adding AQUA® technology to Vectra's unique multispectral and image analysis capabilities. The new platform provides labs with a robust, scalable and efficient system for analyzing tissue sections using HistoRX's AQUA technology.
A turnkey platform, the Vectra 2 system allows true walk-away batch processing of up to 200 tissue sections at a time. This new product addresses the need of scientists focused on biomarker research, pharmaceutical development, clinical research and tissue application test development for validated tissue labeling and automated scoring methodology through the integration of the AQUA technology into this platform.
"The Vectra 2 system takes quantitative microscopy to a new level," said Kevin Hrusovsky, president, Life Sciences & Technology, PerkinElmer. "Researchers in many fields are looking for imaging platforms that provide quantitative data quickly and simply. With our technology's proven performance, we are well positioned to provide the reproducible quality results necessary to advancing knowledge, as tissue imaging and analysis becomes an integral part of enabling personalized medicine."
The Vectra 2 platform's unique multispectral capabilities, coupled with the powerful image analysis tool inFormTM, can be used to explore even the most demanding of today's tissue analysis problems, from multi-analyte in situ cytometric analysis and cell phenotyping to stereology-like analyses of tissue disease states. The technology provides >97% inter- and intra-assay coefficient of variation, giving researchers assurance in the quality of their results.
The new system builds on the established functionality of the Vectra technology by offering simple, streamlined workflows that accelerate assay development for both brightfield imaging and fluorescence. The system supports both tissue sections and tissue microarrays (TMAs) with ease and offers a slide hotel for batch scanning of up to 200 slides. The Vectra platform is empowered by the same multispectral imaging technology that drives over 400 NuanceTM cameras sold to date, giving researchers the ability to analyze multiple fluors/chromagens in a sample, quantifying each separately and accurately.
The former Caliper Life Sciences presented the Vectra 2 technology at Pathology Visions on October 30th in San Diego and launched the platform at AACR Molecular Targets San Francisco on November 12th. For additional information regarding the Vectra 2 platform please visit: www.perkinelmer.com/caliper.
Vectra, Nuance, and inForm are trademarks of PerkinElmer, Inc.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Corporate Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]