Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/12/12). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Provides Reliable, High Performance Water Monitoring Solutions for South West Water, UK". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Organisation 2||South West Water Ltd.|
|Group||Pennon Group (Group)|
|Product||NexION™ 300 ICP-MS|
|Product 2||water analysis|
|Index term||Pennon Group–PerkinElmer: mass spectrometer, 201201 supply NexION 300 ICP-MS instrument to South West Water UK|
|Index term 2||water|
|Person||Tenney, Dusty (PerkinElmer 201005 President Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services)|
|Person 2||Connolly, Amanda L. (Edelman 201107)|
Global leader in analytical technologies facilitates testing for safe water supplies with the innovative NexION® 300 ICP-MS technology
PerkinElmer Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, has provided South West Water, a UK-based water utility, its NexION® 300 ICP-MS platform to help ensure and deliver safe water to 1.6 million people and businesses in the south west of England through advanced analytical monitoring.
South West Water selected the NexION 300 ICP-MS instrument as an analytical platform to test for 28 different elements in drinking water and sewage networks as part of a regional monitoring system. Key criteria for selecting the NexION platform included rapid, high sample throughput capability, reliability, and the flexibility to adapt to changing workflow and detection requirements.
"As PerkinElmer has a lot of credibility and a strong track record in the area of environmental analysis, we were confident in our decision to be one of the first to buy the new NexION 300 ICP-MS," said Alan Clark, Section Leader Chemistry, South West Water, UK. "PerkinElmer delivered what they promised; low background, less maintenance and less downtime."
Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer, said, "We are very pleased to work closely with South West Water to assist in its mission of providing a high-quality water supply to its customers. High quality water is essential to human health and a clean environment, and PerkinElmer is committed to providing solutions to enable water utilities to maintain robust analytical capabilities in order to ensure an uninterrupted supply to their customers."
South West Water's testing facilities can now handle changes in current and future sample matrices by choosing between the different testing modes available on the NexION. Analysts have been able to easily streamline their previous methods to cover the required analysis of 28 elements using only the NexION, without increasing sample times. Further reduction of cycle times has also been possible using NexION's FAST system, for optimizing automatic sample handling, stabilization, data acquisition, rinse and reporting for high throughput.
Providing exceptional signal stability, the NexION 300 ICP-MS system focuses an ion beam with its unique Triple Cone Interface (TCI), minimizing drift and eliminating the need for cell cleaning. In addition, a Quadrupole Ion Deflector (QID) ensures only ions are introduced into the cell, keeping signal responses stable day after day. Due to its patented Universal Cell TechnologyTM (UCT), which has three modes of operation - standard, reaction and collision - analysts can choose the most appropriate technique for a particular application. This results in faster method development, higher capacity and sensitive, reproducible results every time.
For further information on NexION 300 ICP-MS, visit www.perkinelmer.com/nexion300
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
Edelman (on behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Amanda L. Connolly, 404-832-6785
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]