Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (7/24/12). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Receives State of Connecticut Clinical Laboratory Licensure and CLIA Certificate of Registration for Global DNA Sequencing Services". Waltham, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Person||Begley, Richard (PerkinElmer 200702 VP + General Manager Analytical Sciences before Ensemble Discovery before 454)|
|Person 2||Connolly, Amanda L. (Edelman 201107)|
New CLIA certificate of registration will enable PerkinElmer's DNA Sequencing Services Laboratory to expand its offering into the clinical market
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, announced today that its DNA Sequencing Services Laboratory in Branford, Connecticut is now a Connecticut state licensed and CLIA registered clinical laboratory (CT license # CL0685).
PerkinElmer's DNA Sequencing Services Laboratory is designed to provide the highest quality, fastest response and most consistent sequencing in the industry, to complement a growing array of solutions for genomic researchers in medical, pharmaceutical, and academic settings. The CLIA certificate of registration will enable PerkinElmer's DNA Sequencing Services Laboratory to expand its offerings to include clinical sequencing services for specific disease analysis including cancer and Mendelian diseases, diagnostics services for new pharmaceuticals, and a better understanding of new drug clinical trials.
"Next Generation Sequencing has the potential to provide genomic information to better understand disease at the molecular level and to ultimately help improve patient care. The tests performed at the next generation sequencing laboratory include DNA exome and targeted sequencing as well as RNA sequencing. PerkinElmer's objective is to offer the broadest array of genomic and proteomic diagnostics as well as tools for more efficient research and drug discovery," said Richard Begley, president of Emerging Technologies at PerkinElmer. "The DNA Sequencing Services Laboratory will be operated with the same level of quality and excellence as our other CLIA diagnostics laboratories across PerkinElmer and we will begin accepting clinical samples immediately."
PerkinElmer provides a variety of technologies designed to address the needs of genomics researchers, including:
> High-quality DNA/RNA extraction using state-of-the art chemistries amenable to both high throughput and large volume applications.
> Best-in-class plate readers for high throughput assessment of DNA quantity and quality.
> Easy-to-use statistical visualization and annotation tools for microarray and NGS sequencing.
> Library preparation with automated liquid handling for better sample-to-sample uniformity and walk-away productivity.
> Secure, end-to-end sequencing and analysis services to accelerate your research goals and turn your valuable data into knowledge, in a CLIA environment.
For more information on PerkinElmer's next generation sequencing offerings, visit http://www.perkinelmer.com/nextgensequencing
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
# # #
Amanda Lazaro Connolly
Edelman (On behalf of PerkinElmer, Inc.)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]