Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (4/9/12). "Press Release: PerkinElmer and TPM Biotech Sdn Bhd Sign Agreement to Validate Porcine Detection Kits as Screening Application for Halal Food Products". Waltham, MA.
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with TPM Biotech SDN. BHD. (TPMB), a leading Malaysian laboratory for Halal food testing services, to explore potential applications of PerkinElmer's Porcine Detection Kits and chromatography solutions for use in validating methods of testing food products for compliance with Halal certification regulations.
PerkinElmer recently launched its Porcine Detection Kit as a solution for testing laboratories to provide confidence in the integrity and authenticity of food products in markets that require Halal certification. The worldwide market for Halal food products is approximately $635 billion of the $4 trillion spent annually on food products worldwide. Countries in Asia account for over 60% of that expenditure.
Also under the agreement, PerkinElmer chromatography solutions will be used for validating methods of testing food products for the presence of alcohol, porcine fatty acids, porcine triglycerides, and plant and animal based amino acid analysis, in accordance with ISO 17025 guidelines.
"We are delighted to collaborate with TPMB, a recognized leader in Halal food testing services in Malaysia, in validating our Halal screening-enabling test kits and related technologies," said Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. "We look forward to strong results from our work together, to provide solutions that enable food producers and testing laboratories to facilitate Halal product certification."
According to Fadzhairi Abdul Jabar, the Head of TPMB, "The collaboration between TPMB, a leading Halal Science Lab in Malaysia, and the world renowned scientific solutions provider, PerkinElmer, will place both companies on the leading edge of innovation for Halal food testing solutions. We hope the collaboration will help expand the scope of our analytical testing service offerings and enhance our capability to assist Halal food manufacturers and Halal certification authorities."
PerkinElmer chromatography solutions included in the validation agreement include:
Headspace Gas Chromatography Flame Ionization Detector
Gas Chromatography Flame Ionization Detector
HPLC with UV Detector
The Porcine Detection Kits provide Halal-certifying agencies, contract laboratories and food manufacturers with a screening capability providing on-the-spot rapid characterization of food products. The fast and easy-to-use kit can provide a positive or negative screening result for the presence of porcine protein/meat/Immunoglobulin G (IgG) within 15 minutes in both raw and cooked meat samples, through a simple interface and minimal sample preparation allowing for operation by non-technical users.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $1.9 billion in 2011, has about 7,000 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through 1-877-PKI-NYSE, or at www.perkinelmer.com.
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Corporate Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]