Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (6/15/10). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Two New Phases to Chiral Column Line". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Lux® Cellulose-4 column|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||Carlson, Kari (Phenomenex 201003 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the manufacture of separation science consumables, introduces two new polysaccharide-based Lux® Columns for HPLC/SFC chiral separations. This brings the company's total to five unique Lux phases, which together form a set with a wide range of selectivity to resolve 92 percent of enantiomers. The new Lux Cellulose-4 is a novel cellulose tris (4-chloro-3-methylephenylcarbamate) phase and the Lux Cellulose-3 uses cellulose tris (4-methylbenzoate) as the selector. Both new columns deliver high efficiency and loading capacity and are pressure-stable up to 300 bar.
Phenomenex has designed a chiral method development wall poster to help guide users through simple screening protocols, and customers can create their own three-, four- or five-phase screening kits. Phenomenex also offers HPLC and SFC chiral screening and separation services. After resolving the chiral compound, Phenomenex provides a report detailing the optimal phase and method conditions to the service customer.
"We are committed to developing and introducing innovations for the growing chiral market," explained Kari Carlson, brand manager for Phenomenex. "Resolving chiral compounds is relatively difficult and column selection can be complicated. Our Lux family of complementary phases dramatically increases the success rate."
The FDA mandates that enantiomers of all chiral drugs in development be screened separately on their pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties. A chiral compound's enantiomers may have different pharmacological effects in biological systems. Yet chiral molecules are often difficult to separate and identify using traditional chromatography tools. The identification of chiral molecules is also important in toxicology studies, flavor and fragrance analysis and environmental applications such as pesticide analysis.
Lux columns are offered in 3µm and 5µm particle sizes, packed for analytical-scale use or AXIA™-packed for preparative applications. 20 µm bulk media is also available up to the kilogram scale.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (55) 5018-3791 (Mexico)
Tel: (310) 212-0555 (USA)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]