Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/25/11). "Press Release: Phenomenex Case Study Documents Cost-saving API Residual Analysis. New Method Replaces 16 Individual Analyses". Torrance, CA.
|Organisation 2||Pfizer (Group)|
|Product||Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC Column|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||Bierman, Jeremy (Phenomenex 201007 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, announces the publication of a case study, written by scientists at Pfizer, that demonstrates the results of a new method for residual API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) analysis. This new solution replaces 16 older methods for individual key ingredients, and has delivered cost savings of £320,000 (more than $516,000) per year. The method requires just one UHPLC instrument, using Phenomenex Kinetex® 1.7-micron core-shell columns, to resolve all 16 ingredients in just six minutes. In addition to instrument and time savings, the method uses less solvent, reduces waste disposal costs and frees up lab analysts. The method can be reviewed and /or downloaded at: http://www.phenomenex.com/info/form/casestudy
"High-volume laboratories, such as those in pharmaceutical QC, have an acute need to reduce operating costs and free up resources," explains Jeremy Bierman, brand manager for HPLC products. "The Kinetex core-shell technology allows the development of faster and more efficient analytical methods to deliver significant cost and time savings."
The Kinetex 1.7-micron column is the first and only sub-2-micron core-shell UHPLC column on the market and typically delivers efficiency gains of 15 to 20 percent over traditional fully porous sub-2-micron columns.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Phone: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]