Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (6/7/12). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 30 Years of »Breaking with Tradition«". Torrance, CA.
|Product 2||sample purification / sample separation|
|Person||Mahjoor, Fasha (Phenomenex 201111 CEO + Founder)|
|Person 2||Layne, Jeff (Phenomenex 201206 HPLC Product Manager)|
Phenomenex, the company that has been redefining the field of separation sciences since its launch in 1982, proudly marks its 30th anniversary in 2012. Starting with nothing more than enthusiasm and a master's degree in architecture, President and CEO Fasha Mahjoor grew the scientific company from a one-man operation out of his garage to over 700 employees and a network of partners in 95 countries in only three decades. Today, Phenomenex has earned its spot as the number one HPLC column manufacturer in the world and has diversified into four other related separation science fields, simultaneously acquiring top market positions in each. The company boasts some of the most prestigious technology and business awards in the industry and has secured its reputation as an innovator and trusted partner.
"I am humbled by my colleagues who have worked tirelessly around the clock to bring about 30 years of progress. They are true champions, and all the credit should go to them", says Mr. Mahjoor. "Moreover, in light of our considerable growth I am delighted that we continue to support our customers, employees, and so many charitable organizations in such a significant manner, part and parcel of our mission statement."
To honor its 30th birthday, Phenomenex is hosting a myriad of celebrations on June 22nd and 23rd in the 15 countries where it has its own subsidiary companies, with festivities both indoors and out. Open houses will be held, inviting customers, family and friends to explore the company's unique technologies, product portfolio, inspiring decor, and to give them an opportunity to mingle with the employees and experience firsthand the unusually vibrant culture that makes the company stand apart from the rest. Karina Rojas, scientist and longtime customer of Phenomenex, says she "loves how much of an innovative, fun and charitable company [Phenomenex] can be. I can imagine [its] employees LOVING to go to work and NOT wanting to leave!!" And if you ask the team, they would agree.
"We sometimes lose sight of the fact that scientists are using our products to develop novel drugs which may ultimately improve the quality of people's lives and make the world a better place", Dr. Jeff Layne, HPLC Product Manager explains, "We don't take this responsibility lightly, but maybe it's good that we don't always focus on that - I mean, if we took ourselves too seriously, we wouldn't be able to have so much fun lobbing water balloons at the President of the company!"
Phenomenex was founded on a mission to promote the growth, prosperity, and well-being of those they serve - their customers, their employees, and humanity. This core philosophy has guided the company since day one, and will remain its beacon for the next 30 years. When asked if he would do anything differently, Mr. Mahjoor replied, "Yes, perhaps. But frankly, I'd gladly do it all over again."
Fasha Mahjoor is an architect, businessman, philanthropist, visionary, and founder and CEO of the Phenomenex Companies.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room Tel: (310) 212-0555 (USA)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]