Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Kinetex F5 (Pentafluorophenyl) HPLC and UHPLC Core-Shell Line to 5 µm for Preparative LC". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC Column|
|Product 2||liquid chromatography (LC)|
|Person||Lomas, Simon (Phenomenex 201403 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces a new 5 µm particle size to its family of Kinetex F5 pentafluorophenyl propyl (PFP) core-shell columns, extending the versatility of F5 to preparative LC and purification work. Kinetex F5 is a robust PFP core-shell phase that overcomes reproducibility and performance limitations of other PFP and F5 products on the market and significantly reduces method development time with its dynamic and responsive chemical functionality. With five retention mechanisms and five separation modes, Kinetex F5 is an effective orthogonal alternative to the widely used C18 and C8 phases. Kinetex F5 is an ideal solution for HPLC/UHPLC development work with its combination of polar and non-polar interactions, including hydrogen bonding, electrostatic, hydrophobic, aromatic and steric/planar mechanisms. The versatility of this phase gives scientists the ability to use reversed phase, 2D-LC, HILIC, SFC or even 100 percent aqueous separation modes.
Now available in three particle sizes – 1.7, 2.6, and the new 5 µm – Kinetex F5 is fully scalable from UHPLC to HPLC to preparative chromatography, making method transfer seamless between different lab or site instrumentation. The new F5 5 µm media is also available in high-performance Axia™-packed preparative columns from 21.1 mm to 50 mm ID.
Kinetex F5 delivers all the advantages of Phenomenex’ Core-Shell Technology including better resolution, higher efficiency, easy method transferability and cost savings from reduced solvent consumption. The new 5µm particle delivers performance that is comparable to or better than 3 µm conventional fully porous media, at lower backpressures. Users who upgrade existing 5 µm methods to Kinetex 5µm F5 can achieve greater performance at the same backpressure.
"Our F5 media is an excellent orthogonal tool for many applications," explains Simon Lomas, strategic marketing manager for Phenomenex. "The ability to scale and easily transfer methods from UHPLC to HPLC to preparative LC enables users to apply the versatility of this media across the board."
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room Tel: 310-212-0555
Record changed: 2017-04-04
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (3/29/17). "Press Release: Sciex Announces New Biotransformation Solutions for Routine and Comprehensive Metabolism and Biologic Catabolism Studies". Framingham, MA....
-  Reisch, Marc S. [C&EN]. (3/27/17). "News: Exploding Pumps Trigger Sciex Mass Spectrometer Alert. Global Safety Notice Recommends Shutdown of Workhorse Analytical Chemistry Tools"....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (3/22/17). "Press Release: Sciex Presents Novel QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Simpler and Faster Biotherapeutics Characterisation". Darmstadt....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/14/17). "Press Release: New Family of Zebron GC Columns for Fast Highly Selective FAME Analysis". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Extends Kinetex and Luna Omega Performance Advantages to 1mm ID Format". Torrance, CA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Appointment of Raymond C. Stevens, Ph.D. to Danaher Board". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Publishes Comprehensive Food Testing Guide Featuring More Than 150 Applications". Torrance, CA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New X500B QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Standardized Biotherapeutic Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/17/17). "Press Release: Sciex lädt ein zum 7. Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium". Darmstadt....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]