Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Phenomenex Fast Plasma Sample Cleanup with New Phree Phospholipid Removal Plates from Phenomenex". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Phree Phospholipid Removal Plate|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Pike, Erica (Phenomenex 201006 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces Phree Phospholipid Removal Plates for fast cleanup of plasma samples in pharmaceutical and clinical research laboratories. In one step, Phree removes both proteins and phospholipids and delivers the prepared plasma to a collection plate. The high-capacity Phree sorbent can process up to 400 µL per well and removes 99.0 to 100 percent of lysophosphatidyl and phosphatidyl cholines, which are not removed when a simple protein precipitation is performed.
Successful chromatographic analysis of plasma samples requires the removal of both proteins and phospholipids, which can clog HPLC/UHPLC columns. Phospholipids can also cause ion suppression and over time will reduce sensitivity due to buildup on the mass spec source. Phree removes both proteins and phospholipids in one step, eliminating time-consuming method development. The plate format enables the simultaneous processing of 96 samples, for significant time savings.
Nina Khoshaba of WIL Research was an early-access user of the new Phree product. She comments, "We have demonstrated that Phree Phospholipid Removal Plates resulted in a decrease of more than 98 percent in the peak area of the six phospholipids we monitored in rat plasma compared to traditional protein crash. We highly recommend the use of these plates for high-throughput LC-MS/MS bioanalytical sample preparation.""Whether your target analyte is an acid, base, or neutral , Phree cleans up plasma in one fast step," explained Erica Pike, brand manager for Phenomenex. "Phree Phospholipid Removal Plates provide high recoveries of acids, bases and neutrals without the need for method development."
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555 (USA)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]