Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (1/18/11). "Press Release: New Phenomenex Sorbent Is Designed and Tested for Drugs of Abuse Extraction in Forensic Toxicology". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Strata-X SPE (product series)|
|Product 2||Solid Phase Extraction (SPE technology)|
|Person||Pike, Erica (Phenomenex 201006 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces Strata™-X-Drug B, a new solid phase extraction (SPE) sorbent specially designed and quality-control tested for drugs of abuse. Strata-X-Drug B, a polymeric strong cation-exchange SPE sorbent, does not require conditioning, saving time and solvent expense. Phenomenex has developed and tested three methods using the new sorbent that cover extraction of 11 drugs of abuse from six different Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) drug classes. These simplified methods reduce training requirements, save lab technician time and reduce the risk of user error.
Strata-X-Drug B is quality-control tested using biological samples. Detection for all 11 common drugs of abuse is below the new, lower SAMHSA cutoff levels. The expected percent recovery has been calculated using LC/MS analysis of codeine and morphine extracted from urine. A second quality-control test confirms that the sorbent does not promote interconversion of norcodeine and normorphine to parent compounds, which can sometimes occur when using strong cation-exchange sorbents.
"Once the extractions are complete, users can analyze their results using our Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC or Zebron™ ZB-Drug-1 GC columns for high-quality separations," explained Erica Pike, brand manager for Phenomenex. "We are so confident customers will be happy with Strata-X-Drug B that we provide a 45-day guarantee; users who do not achieve improved results can send us comparative data and receive a full refund."
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Phone: (310) 212-0555 Ext. 2243
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]