Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (6/4/12). "Press Release: New Phenomenex Size Exclusion Columns for Biomolecules Deliver Significant Advancement in Resolving Power". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Yarra™ aqueous size exclusion chromatography (SEC) column|
|Person||Kelly, Kari (Phenomenex 201111 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces Yarra™ - a new family of aqueous size exclusion chromatography (SEC) columns for biomolecule analysis. With years of R&D behind the product technology, Yarra columns are engineered to provide efficiency increases of up to 70 percent and much higher resolving power than other media. Yarra columns, offered in three phases with 3-micron particles, are ideal for the separation of small to large proteins and peptides, as well as biological therapeutics and biosimilars. Phenomenex proprietary hydrophilic surface chemistry ensures high resolution and minimal absorption of proteins for accurate quantitation. Yarra columns are guaranteed to deliver results that are similar to or better than other columns.
"We have worked with beta testers all over the globe and the feedback is overwhelmingly positive," said Kari Carlson Kelly, brand manager for Phenomenex. "Many of these users are already transferring their methods to Yarra."
Kieran Curley of Mannkind Corporation (Danbury, CT) is one of the early users of Yarra. "I was very impressed with the Yarra SEC-3000 300 x 7.8 mm column. It provided excellent resolution between the monomer and HMWP peaks, which allowed for consistent integration. The peak shape was greatly improved for all sample components," he said. "We immediately revised our test method to include the Yarra SEC-3000 column."
Yarra columns are highly reproducible, column-to-column and batch-to-batch, and Phenomenex's superior packing technology provides longer column life for time and money savings. The lifetime of Yarra columns can be further extended with the SecurityGuard™ column protection system. Phenomenex offers complete online application and method development and optimization support for the new product.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555 (USA)
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]