Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/30/10). "Press Release: New Technology Provides Rapid Isolation of Therapeutic Oligonucleotides from Biological Matrices". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Clarity® OTX™ Extraction Kit|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Cordova, Cathy (Phenomenex 201003 Marketing Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the manufacture of separation science consumables, introduces the Clarity® OTX™ Extraction Kit - an advanced approach to the isolation of RNA and DNA-based therapeutics and their metabolites from biological matrices. Clarity OTX effectively extracts these oligos from serum, plasma and tissue samples for downstream LC/MS bioanalysis. Specially designed to meet the sample preparation requirements of ADME/pharmacokinetics studies, Clarity OTX kit-based solutions combine a novel solid phase extraction (SPE) sorbent with specially formulated buffers to quickly deliver high recovery of all types of oligo therapeutics.
Unlike current oligonucleotide therapeutic isolation techniques that use labor-intensive, low-throughput liquid/liquid extraction methods, Clarity OTX isolates oligonucleotide therapeutics and their metabolites in just 15 minutes. Clarity OTX extraction kits effectively remove cell debris that can mask the oligo therapeutic or metabolite of interest and interfere with low-level MS detection.
The new solution, with a simple, four-step protocol, is available in a starter kit for low sample volume or to test the extraction method before scaling up, and in 96-well plate format, which enables automation and parallel processing for high-throughput environments.
"ADME/pharmacokinetic studies in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics are growing rapidly and so is the need for fast, effective extraction of synthetic DNA and RNA from biological matrices," said Cathy Cordova, marketing manager for Phenomenex. "We are pleased to be the first to commercialize a high-throughput isolation solution for both fluids and tissues that is tailored for LC/MS bioanalysis."
The new extraction kits are the latest new product in the Clarity BioSolutions portfolio for synthetic oligonucleotide purification and characterization. Phenomenex maintains a dedicated team of R&D, marketing, sales and service experts to support its Clarity BioSolutions product line as well as provide technical support and education to scientists working with synthetic RNA and DNA.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]