Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/4/10). "Press Release: New Phenomenex Metal GC Columns Deliver Higher Reproducibility for Petrochemical Testing". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Zebron™ ZB-1XT SimDist metal GC column|
|Person||Kelly, Kory (Phenomenex 201008 Product Manager GC)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces the Zebron™ ZB-1XT SimDist - a metal GC column specially designed for simulated distillation analyses in petrochemical applications. The new column features Phenomenex's unique Glass Infusion™ technology, which ensures consistent phase coating and reproducibility. Zebron ZB-1XT SimDist are rugged and provide documented efficiency gains of up to 70 percent over other comparable metal columns on the market. Every column is individually tested to guarantee quality.
Simulated boiling point methods are commonly used in petrochemical analysis to determine the range of hydrocarbons in a sample. These high-temperature distillation methods require resolution greater than 2.0 of C50 and C52, posing a challenge for most columns used in this application. The new Zebron ZB-1XT SimDist column exhibits less than 3.5 percent loss in resolution after 90 hours at 430° C.
"Traditional metal GC columns used in these applications have exhibited uneven stationary phase bonding, which negatively affects performance and reproducibility," explained Kory Kelly, GC product manager for Phenomenex. "Our proprietary bonding technology ensures consistent quality and each of our new columns is tested individually, rather than in batches."
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]