Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Luna® HPLC column|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
Phenomenex has added even more separation power to its novel UHPLC product portfolio with the introduction of the Luna Omega 1.6 µm Polar C18 stationary phase.
The Luna Omega Polar C18 is a novel UHPLC stationary phase capable of providing a unique selectivity within a wide elution window and increased retention for both polar and non-polar analytes. The all-purpose C18 ligand provides hydrophobic interactions while a polar modified particle surface delivers enhanced polar retention and aqueous stability. The ability to get combined retention of polars and non-polars by the Luna Omega Polar C18 means that this column has a very wide applicability and can be used in nearly every industry that depends on UHPLC instrumentation, including those that work with large compound screens, metabolite/impurity profiles, and even unknown natural products.
Compared to traditional alkyl phases, the Luna Omega Polar C18 offers greater polar compound retention. This can broaden the solvent systems at a chromatographer’s disposal for method development while also helping to deliver desired resolution between important compounds or even move peaks out of matrix suppression zones to allow for greater sensitivity. Unlike traditional C18 stationary phases, the polar modified surface of the Luna Omega Polar C18 gives it stability in 100 percent aqueous mobile phase conditions. This is useful for methods that may require resolution of problematic polar (acidic or basic) compounds that have poor retention under reversed phase conditions.
The Luna Omega Polar C18 can also be used to upgrade existing UHPLC methods. With a novel and finely tuned manufacturing process, Luna Omega 1.6 µm UHPLC silica is produced at the highest quality and consistency to ensure high efficiency, surface area, mechanical strength, and inertness. These attributes in combination with industry-leading packing technologies and a unique selectivity profile will potentially allow customers to realize lower limits of detection with increases in sensitivity levels as well as efficiency/peak capacity gains that aid in the resolution of closely eluting peaks. Combining the Polar C18 with the previously released fully porous Luna Omega C18 and Kinetex 1.7 µm core-shell phases further expands the options for UHPLC method development and improvement.
Enhanced with 20 years of technology, innovation, and experience, Luna Omega 1.6 µm columns build upon the Luna legacy to provide incredible UHPLC performance and selectivity. Now, with the addition of the Luna Omega Polar C18 stationary phase, the benefits of greater polar retention and 100 percent aqueous stability are also easily within reach.Find more information on the new Luna Omega 1.6 µm Polar C18 and C18 at: www.phenomenex.com/luna
Contact: Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-06-17
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (9/15/15). "Press Release: Online GC Column Finder from Phenomenex Enables Quick and Easy Selection". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]