Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Luna® HPLC column (product series)|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||Lomas, Simon (Phenomenex 201403 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research, design and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, introduces Luna Omega 1.6µm columns, an expansion of its flagship liquid chromatography line for UHPLC applications. Luna is one of the most recognized HPLC brands on the market, delivering high efficiency, ruggedness, reproducibility and dependability for a wide range of analyses since its launch in 1996. The new Luna Omega 1.6µm builds upon this legacy with an innovative UHPLC silica particle architecture, designed and manufactured by Phenomenex based on more than 20 years of applied knowledge, invention and customer experience. The new 1.6µm UHPLC columns deliver improved performance compared to other sub-2µm products on the market, along with exceptionally tight particle size distribution, high column packing efficiencies, steady selectivity and excellent reproducibility. Luna Omega columns are well suited for a wide range of applications including drug discovery and development, food contaminant analysis, environmental testing, toxicology and clinical research.
"Our Luna HPLC brand has been a proven staple in laboratories worldwide for the past 20 years, thanks to its established reliability and high quality,” commented Simon Lomas, strategic marketing manager for Phenomenex. "We are excited to now bring these attributes and technology to UHPLC applications, and to expand upon it with highly versatile and unique selectivities in the near future.”
Luna Omega UHPLC columns feature a novel silica with a constant particle morphology that is modified with proprietary, post-synthetic thermal treatment processes for mechanical strength and inertness. This provides significantly better peak shape for compounds of interest and minimizes unwanted secondary interactions. Proprietary Phenomenex bonding technologies ensure wide stationary phase coverage and excellent separation power.
Kinetex® Core-Shell Technology and Luna Omega columns together provide an ideal complementary UHPLC solution for greater efficiency and separation power. With a growing range of valuable selectivities, this pairing of core-shell and fully porous UHPLC products affords customers a better choice for immediate gains in productivity, resolution and retention. Combinations such as such as Luna Omega 1.6µm C18 with Kinetex 1.7µm Biphenyl and Kinetex 1.7µm F5 promote greater method development success.
Contact: Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-06-17
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Extends Kinetex and Luna Omega Performance Advantages to 1mm ID Format". Torrance, CA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Appointment of Raymond C. Stevens, Ph.D. to Danaher Board". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/8/17). "Press Release: Phenomenex Publishes Comprehensive Food Testing Guide Featuring More Than 150 Applications". Torrance, CA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New X500B QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Standardized Biotherapeutic Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/17/17). "Press Release: Sciex lädt ein zum 7. Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium". Darmstadt....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]