Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (12/8/10). "Press Release: Phenomenex Online Video Shows How to Maximize HPLC Results with High-performance Media". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC Column|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||Bierman, Jeremy (Phenomenex 201007 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, has produced an online video tutorial on optimizing conventional HPLC systems for use with advanced, high-performance media. New core-shell technology columns, such as Kinetex® from Phenomenex, can produce ultra-high performance results on standard LC systems. Extra dead volume in HPLC instruments prevents maximum performance of the new, high-performance columns. With easy HPLC system modifications, Kinetex users can realize performance improvements of up to 130 percent. The Phenomenex video tutorial demonstrates simple ways to minimize this dead volume, such as using smaller-diameter connective tubing and switching to a low-volume needle seat and detector flow cell.
"We developed and produced this tutorial to help chromatographers realize maximum potential from the new column technology on existing systems," commented Jeremy Bierman, brand manager for Phenomenex. "Recent studies have shown that Kinetex core-shell columns are redefining what is possible in HPLC and that improvements to even the best instruments must be made before the full potential of these new high-performance columns is realized."
The video tutorial, which can be viewed at http://www.phenomenex.com/verify, shows step-by-step instructions that LC users can follow in their own labs, along with a case study on an Agilent 1100 system demonstrating the improved results that these optimization steps can produce.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Phone: (310) 212-0555 Ext. 2243
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]