Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (1/31/11). "Press Release: Phenomenex and Vista Analytical Announce New Method for Dioxin Analysis in Animal Feed. New Solutions Meet Needs Arising from Food Scare in Germany". Torrance, CA.
|Organisation 2||Vista Analytical Laboratory|
|Product 2||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
Phenomenex Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, announces the publication of a new method for the analysis of dioxins in animal feed and tissue using high-resolution gas chromatography with mass spec detection (HRGCMS). Demand for these analyses has grown significantly in recent weeks, since the discovery of dangerous levels of the cancer-causing chemicals in animal feed produced in Germany.
The new method, developed in collaboration with Vista Analytical, also analyses dioxin-like compounds dibenzofurans (PCDFs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), which are often monitored in conjunction with dioxins to give an overall toxic equivalent (TEQ) for a sample. Dioxins enter the environment and subsequently the food chain through combustion of organic materials in waste incineration. Recently 2,256 tons of fat, incorporated into feed products in Germany, were found to be highly contaminated, posing the threat of chain-reaction through the food supply. Several countries have now banned imports of animal products from Germany as a precautionary measure.
"While dioxin contamination is generally on the decline due to aggressive regulatory action, we can still see accidents, such as the one in Germany," explains Sky Countryman, manager of applications and applied technology for Phenomenex. "Robust analytical testing procedures are still in demand for the determination of potential dioxin threats in both feed and animal fat."
A technical note on the new Phenomenex HRGC/MS method has just been published and can be accessed at: www.phenomenex.com/dioxin. The method was used to analyze non-organic chicken feed as well as fish from the Mississippi River and Great Lakes and shrimp from a variety of international sources.
Vista Analytical Laboratory is the premier provider of high-resolution mass spectrometry analytical services. With experience, expertise and responsiveness unmatched in the environmental industry, Vista has built an international reputation for performing difficult trace level analyses reliably on a variety of matrices while meeting or exceeding the most rigorous regulatory requirements.
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to disease diagnosis, food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography solutions accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being. For more information on Phenomenex, visit www.phenomenex.com.
Please send READER INQUIRIES from this news release directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]