Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/9/10). "Press Release: Phenomenex Wins R&D 100 Award for Fifth Consecutive Year. Kinetex Core-Shell HPLC Column Technology Is Recognized as One of the Top New Technologies of 2010". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC Column|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||Mahjoor, Fasha (Phenomenex 201111 CEO + Founder)|
|Person 2||Bierman, Jeremy (Phenomenex 201007 Brand Manager)|
Phenomenex, Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, announced today that the company has received a 2010 R&D 100 award for its Kinetex core-shell HPLC column technology. The awards, determined by an independent judging panel and the editors of R&D Magazine, recognize the 100 most technologically significant products introduced during the past year. According to the magazine, the awards are widely regarded as the "Oscars of Innovation." Winners this year represent a broad range of industries and include well-known organizations such as Toyota Motor Corporation, Intel Corporation, Siemens Medical Solutions, NASA and 3M Company.
2010 marks the fifth consecutive year in which Phenomenex has been recognized with the award. According to president and CEO Fasha Mahjoor, "This reflects the depth of our product development pipeline and the fast pace at which we are able to bring new technologies to market."
Advanced Kinetex core-shell particles have been specifically engineered to provide ultra-high liquid chromatography performance (UHPLC) under moderate operating pressures. The unique particle design incorporates a solid silica core and a porous outer shell. The technology offers chromatographic performance previously only achievable using sub-2-micron particles on specialized, ultra-high-pressure-capable instrumentation. Kinetex core-shell technology allows laboratories to immediately increase productivity without large capital equipment expenditures. With Kinetex, chromatographic methods can be completed in a fraction of the time previously required. Additionally, the increased separation efficiencies of Kinetex significantly reduce the expense and environmental impact of organic solvent usage and disposal.
"The R&D 100 Awards have always represented some of the most innovative concepts to reach the marketplace in the past year. 2010 is no exception, and we had a particularly strong field of entries for the judges to evaluate," said Rita Peters, editorial director of R&D Magazine.
"We've been very pleased with the market's positive response to Kinetex. It has been exciting to hear how scientists are leveraging this technology in areas such as pharmaceutical development, clinical chemistry and food safety," commented Jeremy Bierman, brand manager for Phenomenex. "Kinetex core-shell particles will have a profound impact on labs worldwide, especially where researchers face tight budgets and the need to quickly improve productivity."
R&D 100 award winners will be recognized at the annual banquet on November 11, 2010 in Orlando, Fla.
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]