Document › Details
Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/19/10). "Press Release: Phenomenex Wins Multiple R&D 100 Awards for Innovation. New Technologies Are among Top Introductions of 2010". Torrance, CA.
|Product||Kinetex® core-shell HPLC/UHPLC Column|
|Product 2||Clarity® OTX™ Extraction Kit|
|Person||Mahjoor, Fasha (Phenomenex 201111 CEO + Founder)|
Phenomenex, Inc., a global leader in the research and manufacture of advanced technologies for the separation sciences, announced today that the company has received two 2010 R&D 100 awards, one for their Kinetex® core-shell column technology and one for their Clarity® OTX™ line of products for the extraction of DNA and RNA. Both technologies accelerate scientific research and discovery in the areas of human health and well-being.
Technologies recognized by the R&D 100 selection process "represent the highest levels of technological accomplishment and product development acumen" and are widely regarded as the "Oscars of Innovation," according to R&D magazine. Winners this year represent a broad range of industries and include such organizations as Toyota Motor Corporation, Intel Corporation, Siemens Medical Solutions, NASA and 3M Company. 2010 marks the fifth consecutive year in which Phenomenex has been recognized with the award. According to president and CEO Fasha Mahjoor, "Receiving two awards in one year reflects the quality and depth of our product development pipeline and the fast pace at which we are able to bring new technologies to market." Mr. Mahjoor went on to say that, "Phenomenex is deeply honored to have its technologies selected for this prestigious award, especially considering the degree of innovation and creativity represented by other recipients."
High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is a technique used by scientists to separate, identify, purify, and analyze chemical compounds. Kinetex core-shell HPLC columns offer significant improvements over existing technologies by providing faster analysis and higher quality data. Advanced Kinetex core-shell particles provide ultra-high performance that was previously only achievable with specialized ultra-high pressure-capable instrumentation. This new technology allows laboratories to immediately achieve increased productivity without large capital equipment expenditures, helping them to develop better drugs, detect disease, and perform food and environmental safety studies at a more rapid pace.
About Clarity OTX
Clarity OTX makes it possible for researchers to separate synthetic DNA and RNA from tissue, blood, plasma and urine in less than 15 minutes. This helps researchers working on gene-based therapeutics understand the metabolic action of potential drug candidates, providing for faster discovery of effective treatments. "Experts in the development of DNA- and RNA-based therapeutics mention that isolating these compounds from other sample components is one of their biggest problems," commented Michael McGinley, bioseparations product manager. "Clarity OTX gives researchers a more practical choice when analyzing the large number of samples typical in a clinical study of a candidate therapeutic drug."
For more information regarding this article please contact:
Phenomenex Press Room
Tel: (310) 212-0555
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Phenomenex (Group)
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Yarra 1.8µm UHPLC Size Exclusion Column Delivers Increased Separation of High Molecular Weight Biomolecules". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (7/13/16). "Press Release: New Positive Pressure Manifold Streamlines Sample Preparation". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Polar Retention with New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Polar C18 UHPLC Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Celebrates 5 Years of Delighting Customers in India". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: New Luna Omega 1.6 Micron Particle Brings Acclaimed Capabilities to UHPLC". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (2/9/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Expands Chiral Screening and Separation Power with New Lux 3µm Amylose-1 Chiral Columns". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/26/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex PhenoLogix Applications Service Group Opens New Dedicated Facility". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/15/15). "Press Release: New Inert Zebron GC Column from Phenomenex Improves Responses of Active Compounds". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/12/15). "Press Release: New Bio-Inert 1.8 micron Yarra GFC-SEC Column Delivers Economical Biomolecule Characterization". Torrance, CA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/5/15). "Press Release: Phenomenex Strata-X µElution SPE Plates Enable Cost-Effective Cleanup of Small Volume Samples". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]