Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA.
Global consortium will advance precision medicine research through metabolic phenotyping
A consortium of leading research centers from six different countries today launched the International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) at the 2016 World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH) in Doha, Qatar. Through its commitment to harmonized metabolic phenotyping methods, the IPCN will tackle some of the most pressing global health challenges, such as autism, cancer, diabetes, dementia and obesity. Supporting the network with its chromatography and mass spectrometry technologies and expertise, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) is a founding corporate partner of the IPCN.
An advance in precision medicine research, metabolic phenotyping examines the dynamic interactions between our genes, environments, microbiomes, diets and lifestyles and their impact on disease. The research is made possible through advanced analytical science, including mass spectrometry.
Waters is a world leader in mass spectrometry technologies and methods. It collaborates with IPCN institutions around the world to apply cutting-edge analytical and mathematical approaches to study robust and harmonized data representing the world’s diverse populations. The results could unravel the molecular underpinnings of disease and inform the development of new therapies and global public health policies.
“We are excited by the revolutionary potential of the International Phenome Centre Network to harmonize the way researchers around the world collect and assess data through metabolic phenotyping,” said Rohit Khanna, Senior Vice President, Applied Technology, at Waters Corporation. “It has been a privilege working with world-class institutions to develop and use technologies that will drive solutions to our most complex global health care challenges.”
Initiated by the MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre (NPC) at Imperial College London, the IPCN includes more than a dozen international partners with regional, multi-institutional hubs in Australia, Canada, China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Waters has long supported collaboration and the harmonization of research techniques and standards across geographies and through partnerships with industry, governments, academic centers and health systems. It has provided funding support for metabolic profiling training centers, including the Imperial International Phenome Training Centre.
“We are grateful for Waters’ collaboration in the creation of internationally harmonized centers of analytical science, focused on understanding gene-environment interactions that underpin disease risk, the comparative biology of major diseases and addressing unmet healthcare and medical needs,” said Jeremy Nicholson, Director of the NPC and Head of Department of Surgery and Cancer at Imperial College London. “Waters’ expertise and international leadership in mass spectrometry and analytical science has been instrumental to the network’s success.”
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis systems.
For Waters Corporation
Jeff Tarmy, 508-482-2268
Record changed: 2016-12-22
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]