Document › Details
picoSpin, LLC. (11/10/10). "Press Release: picoSpin, LLC, Announces Launch of World’s First Miniature NMR Spectrometer – picoSpin-45". Boulder, CO.
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||picoSpin 45 miniature NMR spectrometer|
|Product 2||NMR spectroscopy|
The chemical analysis technique nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) was revolutionized today with the official launch of the picoSpin-45 NMR spectrometer. Developed by picoSpin, LLC, Boulder, Colo., the shoe-box-size device removes barriers of cost and size, greatly expanding the availability of NMR spectroscopy for a wide range of applications. The 45-megahertz (MHz) picoSpin spectrometer resolves proton chemical shifts with a resolution of 80 parts per billion using a very small sample volume of less than 40 micro liters. The new device is a complete liquid-phase proton NMR system, including permanent magnet, transmitter, receiver, data acquisition, programmable pulse sequencer, Ethernet interface and intuitive web-based control software.
The product is being introduced with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $20,000, a small fraction of the cost of traditional NMR spectrometers.
"NMR is the most powerful analytical tool in chemistry," states John Price, Ph.D., president and chief scientist of picoSpin, LLC. Dr. Price says, "We have engineered a product that really changes the NMR spectroscopy landscape. With its low price, compact footprint and true spectroscopic capability, the picoSpin-45 spectrometer enables applications that couldn't even be considered in the past. You can now have an NMR system right at your lab bench. You can deploy multiple units within a factory to continuously monitor process fluids and control them all from a web browser anywhere in the world. Your students can experience NMR hands-on in chemistry lab courses and in their research projects."
To learn more about the picoSpin-45 spectrometer, to request a spectrum or to contact a picoSpin applications specialist, please visit www.picospin.com.
picoSpin, LLC, Boulder, Colo., was founded in 2010 by its Chairman, Charles E. Miller, together with a team of scientists and engineers. The mission of picoSpin is to develop, manufacture and market miniature NMR spectrometers. Mr. Miller is also Chairman of InstruTech, Inc., of Longmont, Colo., a manufacturer of vacuum instrumentation, and was formerly President of Engineering Measurements Corporation, also of Longmont, Colo., a manufacturer of fluid flow instrumentation.
6650 Gunpark Drive
Boulder, CO 80301
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chuck A. Miller
877.390.0465, x 705
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]