Document › Details
Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. (12/11/12). "Press Release: Pittcon Announces 2013 Award Recipients. New Award, Robert Boyle Prize for Analytical Science, Added to Technical Program". Pittsburgh, PA.
The Pittcon 2013 Program Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of 12 prestigious awards honoring scientists who have made outstanding contributions to analytical chemistry and applied spectroscopy. Each award will be presented during a symposium at Pittcon 2013, March 17-21, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA. and will include presentations from scientists in diverse disciplines such as bioanalytical, biomedical, nanotechnology, food science, drug discovery, biomedical, materials science, homeland security, and neurochemistry. Methodologies represented include molecular, vibrational, and mass spectroscopy; capillary electrophoresis; HPLC; infrared and Raman spectrometry; LC/MS; UV/VIS; microfluidics; electrochemistry; and portable instruments.
A new award for this year, the Robert Boyle Prize for Analytical Science, was established by the Royal Society of Chemistry for outstanding contributions to analytical science. It was awarded to Norman Dovichi for pioneering development of ultrasensitive separations, including the first separations at zepto- and yoctomole levels and capillary electrophoresis-based DNA sequencing for the human genome.
Currently, the focus of his work is on chemical cytometry - the complete, accurate analysis of the biochemical machinery of a single living cell as a function of the state of the cell in the cell cycle and its relation to disease state. Dr Dovichi is focusing his efforts on those areas where ultrasensitive chemical measurements can aid in the intelligent management of a course of therapy.
Other awards and recipients are as follows:
Pittsburgh Spectroscopy Award: Laurence A. Nafie, Syracuse University
Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award David R. Walt, Tufts University
Pittcon Heritage Award Posthumously awarded to Guenther Laukien, Founder of Bruker. The award will be accepted by his son, Frank H. Laukien, Bruker Corporation.
Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award: Sarah Trimpin, Wayne State University
ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award for Young Investigators in Separation Science: Kevin A. Schug, University of Texas at Arlington
The Coblentz Society/ABB - Bomem-Michelson Award: Brooks H. Pate, University of Virginia
Chromatography Forum of the Delaware Valley Dal Nogare Award: Irving W. Wainer, National Institutes of Health
SEAC - Charles N. Reilley Award: Andrew G. Ewing, Chalmers University and the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
SEAC - Young Investigator Award: Bo Zhang, University of Washington
Ralph N. Adams Award: J. Michael Ramsey, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
The Coblentz Society - Williams Wright Award: John Coates
See complete details and bios on the Award Winners web page at Pittcon.org.
Pittcon® is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania non-profit organization. Co-sponsored by the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh, Pittcon is the premier annual conference and exposition on laboratory science. Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult. Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums. Visit pittcon.org for more information.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Debuts InfiTOF Multi-Turn Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for Real-time Gas Analysis". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Tungsten SEM with Smart Analytical Port Geometry Demonstrated at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Continues to Expand Leading Analytical Instruments Offering for Customers in Applied Markets". Atlanta, GA....
-  JEOL USA, Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: JEOL Demonstrates New Analytical Technology at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu Corporation Launches ICPMS-2030, Expanding Solutions for Elemental Impurity Analysis in Pharmaceutical Products"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New UHPLC-MS Workflows Designed for Biopharmaceutical Characterization. Therapeutic Protein Analysis kits, Columns and Software among Highlights at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New High-Pressure Ion Chromatography (HPIC) System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: Native Mobile Capabilities Added to Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS". Atlanta, GA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New Instruments and Software Designed to Improve Trace Elemental Analysis. Thermo Scientific iCAP RQ ICP-MS Spectrometer and Thermo Scientific Qtegra Intelligent Scientific Data Solution". Atlanta,...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New UHPLC Columns Offer Users Expanded Application Flexibility". Atlanta, GA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]