Document › Details
Premier Biosoft International. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Announces the Release of SimLipid 5.50 to Support Automated Data Analysis for Shotgun Lipidomics". Palo Alto, CA.
PREMIER Biosoft today announced the release of SimLipid® v. 5.50, which provides an automated data analysis solution for shotgun lipidomics workflows. The program exploits the features offered by multiple precursor ion scan (PIS) and neutral loss scan (NLS) methods of triple quadrupole (QqQ) mass spectrometers. This functionality enables lipid species identification and subsequent quantitation and comparison of the identified lipids across biological samples. Native file formats from Waters Corporation (.raw) and Shimadzu (.lcd) instruments are now supported as well.
PIS and NLS full scan methods of QqQ mass spectrometers only detect lipids that create well-defined fragments e.g., polar head groups, fatty acyl moieties and specific backbone features in MS/MS scans. This unique feature of the workflow not only facilitates targeted lipidomics but also discovery lipidomics. The current version of the SimLipid database stores 5227 unique target masses and enables automatic interpretation of PIS/NLS based full scans. These masses correspond to 1179, 393, and 221 unique fatty acyls and 49 head groups from glycerophospholipids, glycerolipids, and sphingolipids categories respectively. The program also enables user to further populate the database with new lipid species along with their corresponding PIS/NLS based target masses.
"Shotgun lipidomics offer high throughput, limited sample prep time solutions for targeted as well as discovery based lipidomics.” said Dr. Vladimir Shulaev, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences at the University of North Texas, TX. “PREMIER Biosoft’s SimLipid software provides not only a fast data analysis software solution for shotgun lipidomics but also a reliable single-platform software solution for all the major mass spectrometry based qualitative and quantitative lipidomics methods. This enables the researcher community to make use of the high quality data generated by multiple sophisticated mass spectrometry based workflows to help understand their function in all biological systems."
"At PREMIER Biosoft, we are committed to providing cutting edge software solutions for advancing lipidomics research." said Arun Apte, CEO at PREMIER Biosoft. “SimLipid addresses the daunting task of interpreting large data sets generated by mass spectrometry based shotgun lipidomics workflows."
For details, please visit: http://www.premierbiosoft.com/lipid/features/features.html
About PREMIER Biosoft:
Founded in 1994, is a group of computer scientists and biologists dedicated to producing cutting edge intuitive software for research in life sciences. Our goal is to study the most recent innovations in life sciences and translate them into software products to aid research.
More information is available at: http://www.premierbiosoft.com.
Record changed: 2017-01-09
More documents for Premier Biosoft (Group)
-  Premier Biosoft International. (9/15/15). "Press Release: Dr. Vladimir Shulaev Joins Premier Biosoft Scientific Advisory Board to Further the Development of Software Solutions for Metabolomics and Lipidomics Research". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (1/16/15). "Press Release: Dr. John Wiktorowicz Brings in Rich experience in Protein Biochemistry as Premier Biosoft Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Portfolio". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (11/14/14). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Announces Reseller Agreement with Bruker to Advance Lipidomics and Metabolomics Research". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/17/14). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Premier Biosoft Couple Hardware-Software Platforms to Advance Glycomics Research". Santa Clara, CA & Palo Alto, CA....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (5/26/14). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Launches SimMet to Advance Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of MS Metabolite Data". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (12/12/13). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Files Patent Application for Metabolite Identification Method". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Premier Biosoft International. (9/4/13). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft Today Announced the Successful Delivery of OligoArchitect Online v4.0 to Sigma-Aldrich". Palo Alto, CA....
-  JEOL Ltd.. (6/3/13). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft and JEOL to Collaborate on Offering Automated MALDI Imaging Solutions". Palo Alto, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/26/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ and Premier Biosoft’s Platforms Work Together to Advance Lipidomics Research. Complementary Tools Eliminate Bottlenecks in Data Processing and Analysis". Santa Clara, CA & Palo...
-  Premier Biosoft International. (5/28/12). "Press Release: Premier Biosoft and AB Sciex Collaborate to Advance Research in Lipidomics. Premier Biosoft Today Announced a Co-marketing and Reselling Agreement with AB Sciex to Help Advance Lipidomics Research...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]