Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/17/09). "Press Release: Agilent and Dow Chemical Celebrate 20 Years of Collaboration". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Dow Chemical Company|
|Group||Dow Chemical (Group)|
|Product||gas chromatography (GC)|
|Product 2||Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)|
|Person||McMullen, Mike (Agilent 201409– COO + designated CEO for 3/15 before SVP + President Chemical Analysis Group)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) announced 20 years of technical collaboration with The Dow Chemical Company. The companies celebrated the milestone during a global, interactive event at the Dow corporate headquarters in Midland, Mich.
The collaboration originated in the mid-1980s when Dow Analytical Sciences worked closely with Agilent to strengthen the impact of gas chromatography in the measurement and analytical industry. Through this mutually beneficial relationship, Dow has made innovative contributions to the application of scientific measurements, helping Agilent advance the development of commercial chromatographic instrumentation and software. From Agilent, Dow has gained access to commercial chromatographic products that continue to increase productivity for their global businesses.
"There is a unique relationship between our two companies," said Mike McMullen, president, Chemical Analysis Group, at Agilent. "Amazing contributions have resulted from 20 years of working together, from advancing the capabilities to deliver on great research, to bringing world-leading products and analytical capabilities to the instrumentation market."
"We try to find a win-win between the two companies," said Frank Rammeloo, director of the Analytical Technology Center, The Dow Chemical Company. "No one tries to take advantage, we just work together to extract the value but not at the expense of the other. Integrity and devotion to a common goal is our hallmark."
Dow and Agilent work together globally, doing business in Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Australia, Thailand, France, Madrid, Japan, Singapore, Italy, and more. The focus of the collaboration has expanded beyond the original platform of separation sciences to other analytical techniques such as atomic force microscopy.
About The Dow Chemical Company
Dow is a diversified chemical company that combines the power of science and technology with the "Human Element" to constantly improve what is essential to human progress. The Company delivers a broad range of products and services to customers in approximately 160 countries, connecting chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help provide everything from fresh water, food and pharmaceuticals to paints, packaging and personal care products. In 2008, Dow had annual sales of $57.4 billion and employed approximately 46,000 people worldwide. The Company has 150 manufacturing sites in 35 countries and produces approximately 3,300 products. On April 1, 2009, Dow acquired Rohm and Haas Company, a global specialty materials company with sales of $10 billion in 2008, 98 manufacturing sites in 30 countries and approximately 15,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 17,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]