Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/1/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ New Triple Quadrupole Mass Spec Delivers More Sensitivity, Speed and Value". Philadelphia.
|Product||6430 triple quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||MassHunter software|
|Person||Miller, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201111– VP Marketing Life Sciences MS before Agilent Marketing Director LC/MS)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 6430 triple quadrupole liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) system, the next generation of the popular 6410 instrument, delivering higher sensitivity, faster monitoring of ions and faster polarity switching.
The Agilent 6430 is extremely well suited for food testing, water analysis and protein biomarker discovery and validation. The huge added performance comes at a very modest price increase over the previous model.
"We've been very gratified with the strong acceptance of the 6400 family of triple quads over the last three years, and this new model is a continuation of our strategy to provide highly sensitive, rugged, easy-to-use LC triple quads at attractive prices," said Ken Miller, Agilent global marketing director, LC/MS.
The 6430 shares many of the high-performance features of Agilent's premium 6460 triple quadrupole MS, including an additional turbo pump for better ion transmission and better sensitivity, an option for the 6410 that is now standard on the 6430. The new instrument also features much faster polarity switching, able to switch from positive ion mode to negative ion mode in 30 ms. This allows greater flexibility to analyze complex mixtures and to optimize sensitivity by exploiting the most prolific ions for a given analyte.
The Agilent 6430 is bundled with new MassHunter software that enhances sensitivity and reproducibility for complex analyses; a food sample, for example, in which 100 compounds must be tested for. The software includes Agilent's unique Dynamic Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) which adjusts and aligns ion transitions with compound retention time. MassHunter now also includes new quantitative analysis software which is five times faster than the previous version.
The new instrument also comes with Agilent's popular method optimization software, MH optimizer, for automatic selection of the best analysis parameters for small molecules, with an extension for protein quantitation to follow.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]